What Rims for your VR4 - the "do they look pretty" thread

G

Unregistered
I do agree, the white doesn't seem to suit the Purple too well.

I test fit my mates Enkei's (RPO2's) a couple of weeks ago to see how they would fit. However the ones I fit were 17x8 +38, a little different to yours.

Before Lowering

mg6650ka3.jpg
mg6654sf9.jpg

mg6651rt1.jpg

NB. This was before I lowered the car, and unfortunately on uneven ground, so the car is a little higher than usual.

After Lowering

_MG_6766.jpg

As can be seen they seem to tuck in a little more, still stick out a little, but with the right tyres it would look ok.

Give SLY_031 a PM, he has a PreFacelift and is currently running 17x9 +37? I think, and he seems pretty happy with it.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Awesome. They will look tough as hell. And you're right, roll the guards, lower it and run a slightly stretched tyre and it will fit easy. Sooo many offset criminals out there. Glad to see you're not one of them. ;)

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Should be fine with the rear gaurds rolled and the fronts rolled and flared slightly. I will be doing this too as mine are 17x8 +38 and stick out a bit at the front.:)

Those are gonna look phat dude once you get them on!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
got my evo 9 enkei's on :) I'm very happy with it..

here are some pics
IMG_9674-Edited.jpg

IMG_9670-Edited.jpg

IMG_9671-Edited.jpg

IMG_9673-Edited.jpg

IMG_9676-Edited.jpg

IMG_9677-Edited.jpg

for some reason, i failed at taking photos of the front brakes..

brakes need re-bleeding, i dont think i'm doing a good job at it.. will have to get it done professionally..

I'm pretty sure everyone knows what the evo 9 enkei specs are.. but for those who don't... they are.. 17x8 +38 on 235/45R17 running on MAXXIS.. I know they're not the best, but so far.. they're quiet as..

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Thanks all, I should be able to sleep tonight.

I'm going to trial fit them later this week with the stock suspension and see how it all goes. I'll be sure to post some pics.

Mainly I just want to avoid bigtime scrubbing and eventual panel damage... the tough stance is just an added bonus I guess

How easy is it to get a hold of some series 2 flares/arches?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hard. Ask Carsten to try to find some from you in NZ, but expect to wait a while. I haven't been able to find them in CAPS so dunno if they can even be bought from Mitsi new.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Trev/Mick - here's the part numbers for the flares in white, I haven't got round to getting prices yet.

MR465963 front left extension
MR465964 front right extension
MR465947 front left fender
MR465948 front right fender
MR465995 rear left fender
MR465996 rear right fender

I took a chance and got the fibreglass copies from NZ (after being advised of dubious quality) but have yet to get a quote on getting them painted and fitted.

Christian - who's that freaky looking dude reflected in the second pic? I think you have a stalker... :)

G

Unregistered
I just purchased myself a set of Enkei RP-02s in white (these aren't the exact ones). First up, I will be painting them dark grey or black, I don't really dig the white on purple....Sorry Carsten ;)

thats ok, my car isnt purple, its blue :p

G

Unregistered
Thanks for that Christian, been waiting for those pics for a while :D They fit 'really' well, do you have the car lowered at all? They are spot-on at the rear, they stick out very slightly on the front but nothing to be concerned about I reckon.

Now I can get my new wheels with confidence :D

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Stephen, car is lowered on Kings Springs, i think its about 30mm lowered.. it's same height as what madhav's got..

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Stephen, car is lowered on Kings Springs, i think its about 30mm lowered.. it's same height as what madhav's got..

Looks more than 30 to me, the wheel is nearly in the guard!

Congrats on getting the wheels and Brembos done too man, looks great! Shame you didn't have it for the w/e though :(

Obviously your new little brake bleeding tool didn't work?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
I didnt bother in getting the bleeding tool.. i had this image of it pushing more air than fluid in the brake lines..

Frozen helped me out with the brake bleeding.. thanks...

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Trev/Mick - here's the part numbers for the flares in white, I haven't got round to getting prices yet.

Thanks Lee! I just contacted the Mitsu dealer that got me my last load of parts and they reckon these numbers don't exist. Some of the other stuff they have gotten me has been ex-Japan so I know they can do it, but the dude says he's getting nada on these numbers.

Since I have a Series 1, my chassis number is no good for him to search by either. Anyone want to lend me a Series 2 chassis number?

He's sending a request to Japan now, so I'll let you guys know the outcome in case someone wants me to order a 2nd or 3rd set while I'm at it.

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Just heard from Mitsu on the flares....the four parts that make up the fronts are available at a 2 month wait (he's getting back to me with a price). The two rear flares however are no longer available and cannot be ordered through Mitsubishi.

These were the white versions of this part right? Is there normally a completely different part number for other colours, or generic parts? Could it just be that they ran out of white ones?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
If you're that way inclined, flaring the metal on your guards would probably be about the same price as the stick on thingys, less waiting, more individual and better looking...

Top Bottom