JPNZ Workshop Manual Volume 3

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I met with Mike at JPNZ today, for the reason of telling him that we were disappointed with the fact that not everything was in the manual when we all thought we were getting everything.

He said most car manuals were less than 400 pages, this is so their big printing machine can do it all in one go, ours are ~450 so larger than usual. Anyway, after arguing the point a bit and pointing out that quite a few people expected ASC and so on to be well covered, and that we were never told that there would be parts missing, we have come to the following agreement:

If there is just one part, say the ASC or AYC or Engine pull apart that we would like to have fully translated that was missed in Volume 1 or 2 then he will consider getting it translated and simply distributing it via email to purchasers of the first two versions.

If however we want multiple sections, he would make an entire 3rd volume covering the sections we request. This would be UP TO about the same size as the existing volumes, and would be about NZ$40-60, ie half the price of the current manual and about half the size we got before.

I am going to send him an email now asking him to tell us all of the parts that have been missed or only half translated. Once I have that list so that we all know what is missing I will put up a thread asking for confirmations on what sections we want and in turn purchase a 3rd Volume.

If anyone already knows of parts they are missing that they would like details on, please feel free to list them here.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I still haven't received my manual so I checked 'My Account' on their website and they haven't recorded my final payment! I then checked my CC statement and they charged me $90NZD when I only owed $70!

I don't think we should give them any more business whatsoever!

cheers

Lee

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I got my second copy today, including the owner's manual, although the front cover and first few pages of Vol 2 were bent back by whomever stuck it in the packaging so there's a lovely great big crease through them. Not enough damage for me to bother getting a replacement, but just one more thing to add to the list of disappointments. Personally I'm pretty unimpressed that Michael has stopped replying to my emails altogether - I'm sure a lot of ill feeling could have been saved with a little proactive communication.

Also noticed that instead of the CVR4 and OzVR4 logos appearing on the inside cover of Vol 2 they have instead printed two copies of their copyright notice, one under the other :banghead:

Sorry Brad, not the most constructive reply to your request - feel free to move to the other thread if you want to keep this one clean :)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
I don't see why people should be paying more for what should've been in there in the first place.

Why wasn't the 400 page issue mentioned before deposits were even taken?

And he STILL hasn't refunded my money...I will be contacting NZ Consumer Affairs soon...

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
I have missed Volume 1 and 2, and no replies to 6 emails now and 3 phone calls.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I would expect the fault diagnosis for ASC/ABS/TCL should have been included. I would like this emailed to me.

Oh, and I think this young chap had something to say about paying for volume 3:

kid-middle-finger.jpg

:p

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
i ordered 2 copies and still haven't got them and i thought we were paying to get the complete manual translated!!

Fully

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
99 Galant VR4
Also noticed that instead of the CVR4 and OzVR4 logos appearing on the inside cover of Vol 2 they have instead printed two copies of their copyright notice, one under the other :banghead:

I have only one on mine, but I wounder if they have permission to use the pacman trade mark?

Hi, 11/22/07

We now have a sufficient number of requests to translate the 1996~2002 Mitsubishi GALANT / LEGNUM Code: WM214 workshop/repair manual. Kindly confirm that you still want this manual by clicking on the link below. Once you have confirmed and we still have enough numbers we will e mail again in regards to a NZ $30 deposit to confirm your order so we can carry out translation. Please don't confirm unless you will make the deposit as this will stop the process and not be fair to other people who have made a request.
Once we ave recieved all deposits translation will take 2 to 3 months.
Sections expected to feature in this manual are as follows:
General information and maintenance, engine, engine lubrication & cooling systems, fuel & emission con¬trol systems, engine electrical equipment, clutch, front & rear axle, manual / automatic transmission, steering, propeller shaft, brake, wheels & tyres, suspension, interior equipment, trouble shooting and diagnosis.

Hi, 4/4/08

We are now ready to translate the 1996~2002 Mitsubishi GALANT / LEGNUM Code: WM214 workshop/repair manual, and require a deposit of $30 before we begin. The manual is expected to take around 3 months to translate and print.

Hello Shane, 6/23/08

Thank you for contacting us. We are currently in the process of
translation and expect to have complete in August.

Regards

Michael McCarthy (Director)

Hello Shane

Good, we expect to be complete in about 3 to 4 weeks time. The total
amount is NZ $100.00 + NZ $15 post.

Hi,

The 1996~2002 Mitsubishi GALANT / LEGNUM Code: WM214 workshop/repair manual is now translated and published. Kindly pay the remainder of the price to receive your fully-illustrated manual within 15 working days. Thank you for your patience.

Click the link below to pay the final balance.

Hi, 12/14/08

We are now ready to send the 1996~2002 Mitsubishi GALANT / LEGNUM Code: WM214 workshop/repair manual, and will be posting to all who have paid in full this week. The manual is expected to take up to 10 working days to reach you if you are in another country other than NZ.

Please ignore the link below.

Hi, 12/28/08

This email is concerning the 1996~2002 Mitsubishi GALANT / LEGNUM Code: WM214 workshop/repair manual, we appologise for the problem that has come to light. Two weeks ago we had sent an email to all who ordered the workshop manual asking if they would like the offer of the owners manual for NZ $30 including postage. Unfirtunatly we have just realised the email never left our server. To confirm please send either a yes or no to this email. If you send a "no"we will send your workshop manual immediatly, if you answer Ăżes" we will combine an owners manual with your workshop manual and send as soon as payment is made via this link: http://www.jpnz.co.nz/afawcs0131170/CATID=5/SUBID=52/page=1/products.html

Apologies to all who have been delayed with the shippment of the workshop manual because of this problem, we decided to hold off sending until we have confirmation from you all on the owners manual / workshop manual package.

Regards

Michael Mccarthy (Director)

They way I see it after a year =)
I paid a deposit for the above, I got the above that's what you agreed to as well.
Unless I'm missing something?

Did any one ask them or talk about what section were to be included in this manual? Because I know I dident :)
Sections expected to feature in this manual are as follows:.....

But if something else was agreed then.

Up them, the price was set from the (jap) copy they had correct ?

G

Unregistered
I paid a deposit of $30 and then a $90 for something that was supposed to originally take a few months ... my car is now for sale and I still haven't received anything at all. I wrote to him asking for a refund and he asked me to send the manual back ... I'm like wtf, I would love to send it back but I haven't received anything yet and I was over charged ... This is extremely poor if not illegal ... I will give him 2 more weeks then I will also be going to seek further advice on taking matters further.

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
lol, class action anyone??

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
lol, no, i got nowhere to park it....

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
No, VERY off-topic... :banghead:

Considering the serious nature of this thread, further OT discussion will just be deleted, so please stay on track guys :)

G

Unregistered
To add:
-MMCS wiring diagram
-Head light adjustment (what each one does as there are a few adjustment knobs)
-Remove/Install ACY Diff as only the normal one is listed.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
I paid a deposit of $30 and then a $90 for something that was supposed to originally take a few months ... my car is now for sale and I still haven't received anything at all. I wrote to him asking for a refund and he asked me to send the manual back ... I'm like wtf, I would love to send it back but I haven't received anything yet and I was over charged ... This is extremely poor if not illegal ... I will give him 2 more weeks then I will also be going to seek further advice on taking matters further.

I finally got my money back.

G

Unregistered
Feel free to scan I mean borrow my copy.
Good news on the refund.

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
I must admit, after receiving mine, I have hardly used it due to the lack of information. I have had to sort the problem out myself. Not happy JAN!!!

Top Bottom