Windows - Frosted or Tinted?

G

Unregistered
I'm sure this will be a quick thread, but is the legnums glass frosted or do they come with tint on them ? It seems like the actual glass has tint frosted in it ?
The guy doing my registration was trying to peel at the top of the windows, I think he might have asked me to remove it ... but it seems there is no tint .... hehehehe

G

Unregistered
probably UV cut glass like the stagea's with 'privacy' glass.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
haha nope, he can sit there peeling it away all day long if he likes! The testers over here like to do that too

G

Unregistered
its privacy glass on the legnums,

its an option, you can either get clear, dark, or fuck me its almost night in here...

cant be removed.... (its in the glass)

athou my ST came with tint film over the clear.

its VERY rare for any legnum vr4 to come with clear glass.

all the galants have clear glass, and NO option for factory darkend glass.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
also a lot of prefacelift cars didn't have dark tints on the boot window, while all facelift VR-4's have a dark boot window.

G

Unregistered
Mine has what seams to be dark glass and not tint? on the rear window's then clear on the front

G

Unregistered
Mine has what seams to be dark glass and not tint? on the rear window's then clear on the front

yep, thats your privacy glass.
my girlfriends stag has dark rear cabin windows, REALLY dark rear passenger windows, and clear front windows. (they arent allowed tint/uv glass on the front windows apparently?)

G

Unregistered
Mine is definately really dark glass, but another thing i love is the demisting windows on the rear sides, do all leggys have that ? It must be really costly to replace ...

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
Mine is definately really dark glass, but another thing i love is the demisting windows on the rear sides, do all leggys have that ? It must be really costly to replace ...

Mine has filaments on the glass but have never noticed if they defrost the glass...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
on the rear passenger glass it actually has the radio antenna built into it.

As for the tints, in Japan you aren't allowed to have heavil tinted front windows. I think the stock front windows let about 75% of the light come through, the standard back windows are 20% and there are a few Legnums out there with 5% rear windows!

Top Bottom