[QLD] ANZAC Weekend Lunch (and optional cruise to the GC) - April 27

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Ok fellas,

to tide us over till the BBQ meet in May I'm proposing a lunch/drink and then an optional cruise to the Spit on the GC.

I'd like to kick off with lunch and a beer at the Shearers Arms pub in Ormeau (which is run by a mate of mine and serves great food) at 11:30 (so Kev can make it :) ) and then drive down to the coast and out to The Spit by seaworld which is a bit of a car show off spot on a Sunday as many of you know. Now this may seem a little juvenile as a lot of us have grown out of "cruising" but I think it would be a good spot for some pics and would definitely get the club some publicity.

There's plenty of room down there to run around so bring some chairs, drinks, nibbles and a footy/cricket set/whatever and we can hang out for the arvo if people are keen.

So, to summarise:

Date: 27 April
Meeting place: The Shearers Arms, 23 Peachy Rd, Ormeau (google map), it's just off the M1 on the western side of the Ormeau exit.
Meeting time: 11:30am
Cruise route

Please let me know how many people you are bringing for lunch so I can book enough seats. As mentioned, the cruise is completely optional - it would be great to get a good turn out for lunch.

cheers

Lee

Confimed for lunch (24 + 1 high chair)
Lee (2)
James (2.5)
Leigh (2)
Christian
Kevin (3)
Dan
Matt
The D's (5)
Nick
Brock
Travis (2.5)
Ben (2)

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
Top stuff Lee, I could just about walk there! Agreed, they do serve good food. I'll try to make it, I think we're meeting with friends for dinner but I see no reason why I couldn't pop out earlier in the day. Unfortunately I'll be rolling a GT Forester tho :( doubt I'll have the Leg by then.

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Awesome Idea Lee, the Darkness, Darkeress (Std by Driver) and Mini Dark will be on Parade. Will Catch up with the guys at Car wash tonite and see who's up for the ANZAC parade.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
haha, easy now, wouldn't want to waste such a hot commodity.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I'll be coming off the back of a wedding, so, will probably just catch up with everyone at the meeting place and wave good bye as you head of on the cruise.
I'll have the wife in the car, she won't be interested in coming along:(

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I've booked lunch for 12 at the moment so let me know if you are bringing the wife/kids/neighbours with you :)

cheers

Lee

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Looks like it will be a good turn out - 8 VR-4s (plus Simon saying hello) and 16 and a 1/2 people :)

Any one else?

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
I have 2 others mates that will be coming as well

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Cripes, I'm going to have to book out the whole place soon :)

Just to let you guys know, they don't start serving lunch till 12pm so it gives us 30mins of car talk before we start stuffing our faces...

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
hmmm stuff face with Beer while we wait..................wat, dnt judge me I have a sober driver...

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
don't think I'll be able to show at the pub, looks like I'll be down the coast for the weekend so I could probably meet up with y'all at the spit.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
YAY! I will be in Tweed Heads this w/e.......:D

GAY! I will be with the Mrs in her car (Mazda 6)........Lol........Legnum is staying home alone for the w/e

I would love to meet up with everyone though..... I can probably only make it to The Spit..... Any idea what time you guys will be getting there? Would love to actually meet some people off the forum as i am only new!

Top Bottom