Where to get parts

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I'm thinking we need (or I couldn't find) a section where people can add people and places of where you can get VR4 parts... Cheep... (Mods feel free to edit this and even put it in the QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR VR4? section... Maybe...)

Here are two that I have used and can vouched for...
Penrose, New Zealand
PO Box 12051,
Penrose, New Zealand
[/FONT]
Tel: (+64) 9 525 3087
(From Australia) 0011 649 525 3087

Speak to Bill Morton he's the parts guy and has fantastic knowledge and great customer service. Parts take around 7-10 days for delivery to Australia or 2-5 days with fast shipping. I saved around $250 dollars buying parts here compared to trade price in Australia on a $800 purchase (i.e. It would of cost me $800 trade price here and only $550).

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Jesse Streeter

dartsun75@gmail.com

Jesse lives in Japan and coincidently can speak Japanese and interact with Mitsubishi Japan or any other retailer in Japan. He will also do all the work there to get your parts paid for and shipped to Australia. He also works with Importers in arranging parts, containers and shipping. He is very cheap and response to emails normally within a day.
From Japan you're usually looking at a week to source the parts + shipping time.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
My parts were received yesterday from Bill from Ralliart NZ. Great service and speedy shipping, I can't recommend using him any more! And the prices... Here's a rundown of what I bought compared to TRADE pricing from Mitsubishi Australia.

Timing Belt MD318814 $190 Nz
Timing Belt Tensioner Adjuster MD308593 $158 Nz
Timing Belt Tensioner Pulley MD316826 $36 Nz
Timing Belt Idler Pulley MD179597 $43 Nz
Water Pump Assembly MD302010 $258 Nz
Freight $63 Nz

Total $748 NZD = $620 AUD

TRADE price from Australia was around $930

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I spoke to Bill this morning actually, he was very happy with all of the orders coming from Aussie and is more than happy to continue dealing with everyone.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Good to know there Matt as I will be up for Timing belt etc mid next year. Got any quotes on Labour to do the job yet? $620 in parts and I'm guessing the same again for labour.. .plus my lifters are shagged, think I'll be up for a $1600+ bill mid next year :(

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Well from various threads about it here and on the uk forum a timing belt change should only take 3 hours... So at say $90 per hour it should (theoretically) cost around $270... But I'm assuming it'll cost around $400... Paying for mechanics to have a smoke and scratch their arse and all...

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Matt I suggest going to see Steve @ SKR - his workmanship and pricing has been great for me so far, and he is more than happy to do the Belt on my VR4 when required.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I'm already booked in tomorrow with Les Haldine but next time I'll give Steve a shot... What does he charge per hour?

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Nice, that's pretty good esp if he's as good as you say he is...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Guys the timing belt replacement is a really simple job... Not much more difficult than Alt & PS belts, just takes a little longer. Water pump is a huge PITA though :banghead:

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Trev what time frame would you expect a decent mechanic to get this done in? (timing belt with water pump?)

G

Unregistered
rofl, timing belt not much harder than alt/ps belt.

that's hilarious, you must really struggle to do a alt belt then.

matt - is $190NZ the normal price for the timing belt? i need to get myself one shortly.
and how do you get in contact with bill?

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
At the start of this thread are Bill's contact details. I called him initially but emailed after. He's quick with a response too. $190 is the price he quoted so I can only assume that's the standard price.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I've been emailing bill with regards to a front roll stopper. Including shipping from NZ, its still 25% cheaper than buying locally! :D Excellent service so far.

Mitchy, that is the same price Bill quoted me as I requested a price on parts for the change coming up mid next year. To get in contact with him, from the contacts page of Ralliart, email admin (at) ralliartnz.co.nz will get you in contact with Bill

G

Unregistered
oh lol.. how did i miss the very first bit..

cheers. :) will be ordering my bits very soon.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I ordered my engine rebuild kit from Bill. Fantastic prices!!

He was always very fast with a reponse, virtually within 30 minutes and the goods were dispatched hassle free. Bill is very eager to supply EC5W parts for us and i recommend him highly!!!:D:D

And prices are better than anywhere i could find!!!:bigsmile:

Top Bottom