Next Event discussion Thread

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
This thread began as a discussion about the next cruise for SA... However I think it has now migrated into a thread to discuss options for upcoming events here in SA.

When an event is decided upon, a new thread will be started, but for discussion of upcoming events, that can be done here.

--------------------
Original Post:
Now this inevitably turns into an 'oh i can make it' 'oh im working that day' 'oh that suits me but not the next weekend' thread but i thought id allow some democracy here

How far ahead should we be planning the next cruise? 3 weeks? 8 weeks? Im thinking late march, if that sounds alright, ill just pick a date and unless a majority of people cant make it, that will stick.

If anyone has any route ideas, speak up too

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
Im usually keen but never a guaranteed turn up. For what its worth im a fan of the tighter windy hills backroads sections, and a stop at a decent bakery/cafe.

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
In a month is plenty i think, been waiting long enough as it is:sad: wat about out ardrossen good clear out and better on juice:D Highway= 8.5ltrs per 100kms or 14ltrs through hills:cautious: i dont know see wat others thing?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Road to ardrossan is boring as bat shit - straight up Pt Wakefiled Rd :(
Agree with Steve, run through/around strath is where its at

End of March will do just fine for timing - are you guys happy to make it a VR4 / Liberty meet? was thinking of trying to get a liberty meetup (on different forum, duh!) around the 28th of March also (y)

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
yeah 28th is good, i cant make the 20th (week before) however.

lol pt wakefield rd. we dont buy these type of cars to impress people with our fuel consumption. i get like 20lt to 100kms when im trashing it. but thats the whole point.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Then its decided

28th of March

further details to follow but will be along the lines of meet mid morning, head somewhere for bakery lunch, cruise a bit more and home

Legacys welcome

(could a mod please change title of thread to 'Cruise 28th March 2010'?)

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
I have put it on the calendar. So at this stage I am in.

snitz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
Toyota Cressida,GK Scorpion,VP Calais..2000 Legnum type S and a Rota project in the shed.
Definately in for this one..I can finally put some faces to the names!(y)

ed84

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddie
Drive
09' Mitsubishi SWB Pajero NT X DiD, Honda CBR250rr
HAD: 99' Legnum s 2 Type S, 98' Galant S2 Type V
Sounds good, of course ill probably be away on a submarine or something stupid like that but if i can il be there!

VR4TT

Crunching Gears
First Name
brett
Drive
1999 vr4,cordia turbo,Evo 8,Nissan Autech Elgrand
Sounds like a plan, be there for sure!!!

Rex Everything

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
1997 Legnum
28th is great as I just happen to be in Adelaide.

Might give me some incentive to do a few odd jobs to the car, maybe even get the coilovers in so you guys don't laugh at my ride height and mexican offset.

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
Some of us have our opinion about were we would like to cruise but there are always people that have to put the boot in. I dont mind the hills Steve P but not all of us want to thrash the shit out of our cars and if you have fuel to burn then go for it. Just seems to be that you have so much to say at times and your always right chill a bit bro or work a bit harder that way you wont have so much to say all the time:D I only suggested that way and i have every right to, some people on this site need to stop the bitching and fast seriously:cautious:

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
^^^ if u wana cruise up to port wakefield, ur quite welcome to.

im just giving my experience from the last 6 years or so of being apart of cruises. long straight roads wont get many people coming along.

Rex_Everything, dont worry about ur monster truck spec, u and J-B can be twins lol.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
yeah I really need to do something about my ride height. But I want to see how the ISC and BC coilovers feel like before I buy some.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
they are going to be much the same. i can take u for a ride in mine if u want.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I'm still interested for a hills run.

How does this route appeal to people:
  • Burnside,
  • Stirling
  • Strath
  • Meadows
  • Willunga
  • McLaren Vale
  • Clarendon
  • Blackwood
Following a number of Classic Adelaide stages ;)

Top Bottom