PeteGT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
'99 Legnum - S Manual
Hi Guys
Need to ask for a little help here.

Have had a creak in the front suspension that only developed recently, so took it to the local Pedders to get checked over. Report came back with the expected failures.

pedders_1.jpg

pedders_2.jpg

Could someone indicate on the assembly drawings below what the failures refer to? (Images pinched from camskill.co.uk) Ignore the already highlighted bits

rearassembly.jpg

frontassembly.jpg

Now onto how to fix it.
I think that I should be able to use the front control arms that Brett (OVR44) has posted in his thread http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?9539-Will-these-fit-my-legnum&p=177444&viewfull=1#post177444

To fix the bushes I would prefer to replace them with rubber rather than urethane. Am I stuck going to Mitsu for these?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Pete

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
I am in the process of arranging a complete bush set in polyurethane, closer to factory than the Prothane or Energy Suspension kits as they will be 'press in' design.
The cost will be the main issue, seeing as the whole metal ring part will be included. The cost will be MUCH less if there are a group interested.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Ebay US, WORLDSUSPENSION. He should have everything you need. I got my tie rod ends from him.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Josh, the only problem with that is.. it'll squeak in the future.. same issue with the polyurethanes we get from the ebay US..

super pro used to make some for the 7G and was good.. it had knurling in the inside and half moon slits on the outside to keep the grease in..

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
christian the ones im talking about are exactly like the OEM bushes that are pressed out, however instead of rubber it will be polyurethane. Not talking about just poly parts that get pushed in by hand, im talking about the metal sleve and everything by a proper press.

PeteGT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
'99 Legnum - S Manual
Got a price back from Ralliart NZ on OEM replacement parts.

Front curved arm
LH= MR296293 $240 avail
RH= MR296292 $240 avail

Front straight arm
LH = MR296295 $180 avail
RH = MR296296 $130 avail

Rear lateral arm
MR244132 LH $110 Japan 2 week delay
MR297946 RH $100 Avail
[/FONT]
Will probably go the world suspension items from the US

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
thats actually not a bad price for the arms considering from america you pay more in freight than the cost of the arms themselves

PeteGT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
'99 Legnum - S Manual
Ended up buying the world suspension replacement arms for < $400 AUD delivered. Took a week from order to delivery.
This weekends job is to install these and coil-overs at the same time.

I've searched for torque specs on the relevant bolts but have had little luck. Are there any requirements for the ball joint nut and bushings?

EDIT: I'll throw up some side by side comparison photos of the old and new arms too.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Where did you find the rear arms? I can't find them on ebay.

Also a link to the front arm kit? Or did you just get the 2 arms you mentioned and not all 3? I'm going to order the full kit of 3 arms + tie rod ends + sway bar parts. Might as well do it all at once.

I'm just chasing what to do about the rear suspension.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Where you getting your full kit from hugh im chasing the same thing, perhaps we could save in freight if we get 2 sent together or split the postage if they will allow it, its cheaper to get the kit rather than buy each bit individually or in pairs if you know what i mean

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I linked the ebay links in another thread. From the US. There are kits with all 3 front control arms... and kits that have te rod ends and sway bar parts too.

I have a question in with one seller who was a little cheaper regarding a kit with everything and postage cost. I'll ask him about combined postage if you like.

PeteGT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
'99 Legnum - S Manual
Where did you find the rear arms? I can't find them on ebay.

Also a link to the front arm kit? Or did you just get the 2 arms you mentioned and not all 3? I'm going to order the full kit of 3 arms + tie rod ends + sway bar parts. Might as well do it all at once.

I'm just chasing what to do about the rear suspension.

I got this kit from World Suspension:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130276526944&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I did see a world suspension kit that had the whole front arm assembly + sway-bar links but I didn't have that much cash laying about:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUSP...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

If pushed you can get rear lower arms from Ralllairt NZ for NZ$110 ea + shipping

EDIT: Ralliart prices a couple of posts back

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
outta tie rod ends??? Ive just bought some inner tie rods......:( bugger could have done with this kit

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
I linked the ebay links in another thread. From the US. There are kits with all 3 front control arms... and kits that have te rod ends and sway bar parts too.

I have a question in with one seller who was a little cheaper regarding a kit with everything and postage cost. I'll ask him about combined postage if you like.

I just found it, unusual same stuff but about $50 difference in total, and shipping is super expensive..........unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum

Yes please

Top Bottom