Defi sensors - speed, rpm and 180km limiter removed?

NSNO_RJB

No Idea what i'm doing
Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
Hey guys. Installing my defi link system (fake defi because I'm a tight arse). Just need some help locating the wires for the Zd link so I can have the rpm and speedo functions working on the screen.

Seen some ECU pin outs on some posts but just wanted to confirm whats what. And what to be careful of considering its the ecu haha

Also the 180km limiter. Seen apparently just cut the speed sensor wire? If I do this what side should I join the Zd link speedo wire into so I can read it off the link and have the limiter removed?

Picture of what I've been working with the past few weeks since I found out she had no comp in 5/6 cylinders haha

Screenshot_20210503-002643_Photos.jpg
20210430_144336.jpg

BCX

Administrator
Premium Member
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
I personally wouldn't cut the speed signal from the ECU. Vehicle speed is used in quite a few tables (especially relating to cooling fans)

Your best bet is to change the speed limiter tables within the ECU. You'll need (or know someone) with an Openport cable. Happy to write a guide on how to do it.

NSNO_RJB

No Idea what i'm doing
Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
Might get tme to do it when I get the tune with the new motor and turbos then. For the guage though you tapping into the speed sensor wire would work?

BCX

Administrator
Premium Member
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Might get tme to do it when I get the tune with the new motor and turbos then. For the guage though you tapping into the speed sensor wire would work?

Yep, should be able to tap into it.

the speedo signal is 4 pulses per revolution of the wheel.

Top Bottom