twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Well I have just made the move from Adelaide to the Newcastle area, and I am after some local advice on where to get rego checks done, and if anyone can recommend anyone for Green slips as I will have to transfer my SA rego over on three vehicles in the near future.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Rob

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
If you have full comprehensive insurance with Shannon's their greenslips are like $50 or more cheaper, otherwise NRMA usually comes out on top. Most mechanics do rego checks, a local might know where is good. If they say you need a heap of shit done and you don't agree it can be good to go to a second mechanic as some let you get away with more.

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
Rob, are you changing from SA rego to NSW rego? If yes, need blue slip instead of green slip. I bought my car from QLD and transfer to NSW rego.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
He needs both. Blue slip is the check by the mechanics and green slip is the CTP insurance. Pink slip is the one he doesn't need, its the one you get instead of a blue slip when you are just renewing rego.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Rob I'm from the Newcastle area. For blue slip take yr car to this place at the cnr of bull st and union st in Newcastle. Forgot the name of the place but you should get a blue slip no problem.

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
He needs both. Blue slip is the check by the mechanics and green slip is the CTP insurance. Pink slip is the one he doesn't need, its the one you get instead of a blue slip when you are just renewing rego.

Oh ya...I confused myself with pink slip and green slip. oopsie.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Thanks for the info guys.
The cars should not have a problem with rego checks as they are fairly well maintained.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Depends where exactly in the Newcastle you are, but Steve Toms in Adamstown is pretty lenient, due to loving Mitsubishis.

I've had both Legnums there & had no dramas at all for rego etc. Never had mechanical work done there though.

G

Unregistered
Welcome to NSW mate! Another SA'er making the transition :p

Definitely a cruise to welcome you over!

Roy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roy Repas
Drive
EC5W 99 and 98 (twin FLs), EC5A 96, E39A 89
Hey Fellas. Need anyones help for blue slip.. I am trying to get my car rego'd in Sydney as my cousin is borrowing it for a while / rent to buy etc... Anyways need help trying to get it rego'ed in sydney... I am a queenslander... I did live in Sydney for awhile but that was about 10 years ago. Somewhere near blacktown area would help otherwise wherever there is no problems.. THanks ..

rossvr4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ross
Drive
'00 Galant Type-S
If you need a mechanic try the guys at K&M shortland, very assertive, knowledgeable guys and one of them used to have a leggie

Top Bottom