replacement ayc pump

guppy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Craig
Drive
2001 Nissan Skyline GTR V-SpecII, 1971 Datsun 1600
hi all, i bought jason's (2000vr-4) type-s. i'm looking at buying a replacement ayc pump which i believe is off an evo 6. the part number is MR222646. does anyone know if this has a normally-open or normally-closed pressure switch? (i've attached a photo of the pump)
i haven't had a chance to pull off the cover and see what part number my pump is - i'll do it tonight. but can I pm my chassis number to someone so they can tell me whether i probably have a normally-closed or normally-open pressure switch.
and does it matter, given that i'm replacing the whole assembly? ie if my pump has a normally-open pressure switch, can i just swap out the whole pump assembly for one with a normally-closed switch?

Attachments

• ayc.jpg
    ayc.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 32

guppy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Craig
Drive
3 - so it's normally-closed then?

G

Unregistered
and does it matter, given that i'm replacing the whole assembly? ie if my pump has a normally-open pressure switch, can i just swap out the whole pump assembly for one with a normally-closed switch?

yes... as which you can use is dictated by the AYC-ECU the car came with unless you switch ecu aswell to suit the pressure switch

G

Unregistered
the part is different from evo to vr4, maybe you could make it work???

also 99vr4 ayc pump - MR222152

attachment.php

evo ayc evo 5/6 gsr pump - MR276094

attachment.php

all evo 5/6 ayc pump part numbers - i get nothing when i enter the number you've given)

attachment.php

Attachments

• vr4ayc-MR222152.jpg
    vr4ayc-MR222152.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 57
  • evoayc-MR276094.jpg
    evoayc-MR276094.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 55
  • evoayc.JPG
    evoayc.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 53

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
I have checked in my Version of ASA too 1.4.0.3 and it doesn't come up either.

guppy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Craig
Drive
I saw in one of the threads that SiliconAngel has a MR222646 pump?
maybe he can tell me if his is a normally-closed or normally-open pressure switch.
and i'll find the part number for my dead pump tonight.
i can always buy a replacement pressure switch to suit the ecu - it just adds 100bux to my overall cost.

G

Unregistered
the switch is not the only issue, notice the wiring harness to/around the pump is different aswell

guppy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Craig
Drive
yeah good point, i'll have to look closely at the wiring to see what the go there is.
is it possible that MR222646 is from an evo iv cn9a? does that show up in ASA?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
-03xxx means the earlier style, 04 or 05 is the later style (from may 2000 onwards, with the silver seats)

G

Unregistered
I would think that part number refers to the pump only and not the pump and switch which Mitzi will supply under the part numbers found in ASA or CAPS. This can cause some confusion but seems to be the way there parts are sometimes labelled so don't always go by what the part number on the part is.
For example the gear shift surround in wood or carbon are both stamped as the same part number but in ASA they are different.

guppy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Craig
Drive
well had a look at my pump tonight and it's a MR222646 as well. bit of a coincidence. so maybe i'll just buy this one and hope it works.

Top Bottom