Where is you VIN stamped on the chassis?

vr4jim

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jim
Drive
1998 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
According to the rw list i received i need to get the vin stamped on the chassis. The Mechanic could not find the number... When i contacted VIC roads they said every car after 1989 had to have a vin stamped on the chassis whether or not it was imported or not..

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
There should be an aluminium plate pop riveted to the passenger side of the engine bay, noear the strut tower from memory that has the Australian VIN on it.

Otherwise the original VIN is on the firewall, best veiwed leaning in from the passenger side again

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Mine is on the drivers side firewall, rivetted on as well as stamped. And someone has highlighted the stamped one with red...

vr4jim

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jim
Drive
1998 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Thank you guys... bogan bob i checked out the compliance papers, is the firewall vin the japanese number? i gotta check if they will except the rivetted plate.. ive noticed both of them.. but not sure the mechanic did

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
When i took the legnum for rego, the aluminium plate wasnt good enough for them and i had to get the VIN stamped on the chassis - strut tower, we had to unbolt the strut brace and punch it on

Top Bottom