Wireless OBD2

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Hey guys and galz,

Didn't want to muddle the evoscan/datalogger thread in regards to the possibility of using a wireless OBD2 for the VR4s.

The PLX OBD2 is simply a OBD2 plug with a 802.11/b/g wireless dongle. (WPA and WEP encrypted so they say)

I've emailed the people at PLX to see if the VR4's OBD2 is compatible with the plugs they have.

Perhaps not quite as complete as the evoscan, advertised to go with the PLX OBD2 wireless is the iphone app Rev or Revlite (free) is an app that is available on the iphones/itouch.

heres the link...

http://www.plxkiwi.com/kiwiwifi/hardware.html

Without the need for extra guages, carpc and lugging a laptop in the car is pretty attractive while being able to read things like intake temp, boost pressure, coolant temp, fuel consumption etc. Again i know it wont top the sort of readings we would get from the evoscan software but for noobies like me can be enough! :)

Has anyone had any experiences or know of anyone with these wireless OBD2?
Just putting this out there for a bit of opinions and brainstorm.

G

Unregistered
Something else to consider is how to stop the annoying dashboard diagnostic lights flashing at you when plugged into the OBD port and at a stand still.

Evoscan has an option to turn off the flashing lights (which does work) but then it refuses to connect to the ECU, making it pretty useless for digital gauges.

Top Bottom