car dilemma at APC..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hey fellas, some of you know that my car's at APC at the moment getting the clutch replaced (uprated/hd apc version.. etc..)

car's hardwares are back into its rightful place.. but now the problem is.. there's no clutch action, or to make it easier.. clutch pedal doesn't work.. mech's at APC said that they've bled it so many times that its just sucking air.. they told me that they'll have to pull the master cylinder out and get it reconditioned..

what's your input on this?

I've already asked LeeButts about this and he said that several people had similar issues, just wanted to know how you've overcome this issue..

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
If the master cylinder is stuffed then a reco is the only way to fix it. Its an easy job (not sure about legnum) only did my RX7. If its required and probably should do they will resleve the cylinder to remove any rough spots and stop leaks. Better to have it done as if your master cylinder starts to leak while your foot is on the clutch the gearbox will just start to engage anyway.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
just had a word with nick, he got the slave and master cylinders tested.. master's stuff..

im just glad that it is Nick who's touching the car.. and not someone else..

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I got my master and slave cylinders replaced with new ones. Sourced them from armstrong mitsubishi in wellington.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Yeah that happens fairly regularly, we had the same thing happen in a car a month ago

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
has anyone crossed reference our master cylinders if its the same as others?

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
im so glad that didnt happen with mine when i got it done - my bill was already WAY over what i intended on originally spending :) then again, its probably something that would be good to have done so i know its done, cause i got no idea how my car was driven before

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
at first I was hesitant cause I thought Nick wasn't the one fiddling with my car.. Once I found out it was mainly him, somehow I felt re-assured..

Top Bottom