Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
G'day all,

Trying to get the Legnum booked on the Indian Pacific and sent across, and I need the dimensions of the vehicle.

So far I've worked out
Length: 4670mm
Width: 1740mm
Height: 1510 mm

Undercarriage Clearance: 150mm

The ones I still need are
Outer Wheel Track: outside of the left- to outside of the right-hand tyre.
Inner Wheel Track: inside tyre to inside tyre

I'll edit this post and put the dimensions in to make this easy for people to find in the future.

Can anyone help with these numbers?

Thanks!

snitz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
Toyota Cressida,GK Scorpion,VP Calais..2000 Legnum type S and a Rota project in the shed.
I bought my Legnum in WA and freighted it back in a container by CEVA Logistics for around 300 dollars from Kewdale in Perth to Adelaide.They may be worth a look to take a car back to Perth?..I rang the Indian Pacific too and was going to put it on the train.They told me if there was any discrepencies with the car, such as too low or anything, they wont even load it up!.
Which state is it coming from?. CEVA do an inspection in front of you that you sign off when you drop the car off and do another when you pick it up.I also took photos for my own reference such as KMs on the dash..Either way Eastern states to perth is expensive..CEVA shipping containers fit 3 cars in a row,the cars are strapped down,you only leave minimal petrol in the car and it is enclosed and out of the weather.I know it doesn't answer your questions but gives you an option..cheers Jason,

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Its always cheaper to go From Perth rather than To Perth. Supply and demand, I guess. Everyone wants to come here, no one wants to leave ;)

CEVA quoted $950 depot-depot Adelaide to Perth. So the train wins, not only on price, but for ease of getting to the depot to pick it up!
Great Southern Rail quoted $699 for the same trip, and I can pick it up on a Saturday!

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Only problem with the train is its often booked out for a month or so. Back at the start of February March 9th departure was the best date available.

I just sent a car from Sydney to Perth using Mansells .. cost $1600 but I shipped some recaro seats in the back (no warranty/insurance of course) - remains to be seen if they arrive lol.

Originally it was gonna come with someone else but they rejected it with stuff in the back. That was for $1200. And theres quite a few that'l do it for $1200. Standard train price TO PERTH is $700 from adelaide as lasiorhinus said (we took several cars to and from adelaide for the 2010 magna meet in adelaide). Away from perth you can do $150-$250.

Train would have taken it with stuff for $1200.. AND it arrives in 3 days from departure, just departure can be a long time away as I said - this company is taking pretty much a full 3 weeks and most are at least 2 weeks.

[As it turns out, sending it via train would have been just as fast as it has worked out, oh well.. damnit it I want it to arrive]

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Track is 1525mm F and 1520mm R assuming you have 38mm offset wheels. From that you can calculate the track dimensions you need.

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Hiya Guys, just wondering if anyone knows the weight and dimensions of engine complete alone? Am looking at shipping from Melb to Brisbane, any advice on shipping companies?

Thanks Team

Top Bottom