Exhaust leak

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Hi all, as some of you may have read in my past posts, I have been fighting a loosing battle with my fuel economy. After fitting an auto cooler last week, I noticed the braided flexible sections in the front pipe have been damaged and on appear to have at least one hole it it. Could this leak interfer with the O2 readings and mess up the fuel mixtures causing execessive fuel??

Gary

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
When I had my new high flow cat fitted someone forgot to tighten it up properly... so it came loose while I was 50km away from home and I figured out that 50km home and 10km to the exhaust shop the next day cost me roughly 20-25l petrol!

It's all fixed now and I'm back to ~12 l/100km!

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
I've got that section. $40.

Isnt that section all part of the engine pipe? correct me if I am wrong. If you have the engine/dump pipe for sale at that price, I would be interested.

Gary

DVR

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Danny
Drive
Delica mainly
If we're talking about the Y piece that connects to both turbos that's what I'm offering.

With your hole the o2 sensor would be reading lean and probably maxing the fuel ratio

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
What condition is it in considering the front end is sitting on a pallet? I know this will be hard to do but do you by any chance have any photos or are you able to vouch for its condition?

Gary

DVR

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Danny
Drive
Delica mainly
Gary not sure about the condition. I want to take the heat shields off tomorrow (I'll use oxy to relax but not ruin the seized and rusted bolts) to check integrity of the pipes and flex joints.

Get back to you then.

Cheers

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
No problems Danny, thanks for the update.

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Lancer wagon 4G93T / 1999 Legnum VR-4
*EDIT* I read the forum carefully and realised what I wrote was stupid.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
the flexible braided part of my exhaust (its like right underneath the engine) looks a bit crappy and could have leaks also and my fuel economy is far from good, fixing that might help?

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Lancer wagon 4G93T / 1999 Legnum VR-4
ANY EXCUSE FOR SOME NEW DUMP PIPES I SAY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Top Bottom