Front/Rear Strut & Shock Compatibility

cheeks

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Dylan
Drive
'97 Legnum 25ST-R
Looking to replace the front and rear struts & shocks and struts on my 1997 Legnum ST-R (EC5W).

I would prefer to stick with an OEM suspension setup, however, I am aware that BC Racing has coilovers that will fit.

Does anyone know what US-imported cars shared the same setup?

jdmftwyo

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joe
Drive
97 Mirage to Evo 4 conversion
97 Legnum VR4
Looking to replace the front and rear struts & shocks and struts on my 1997 Legnum ST-R (EC5W).

I would prefer to stick with an OEM suspension setup, however, I am aware that BC Racing has coilovers that will fit.

Does anyone know what US-imported cars shared the same setup?
This chassis uses the exact same setup as the 2G DSM awd suspension. Im running Coilovers from a Eclipse.

I suggest the KYB's get new top hats also and re use your springs>

cheeks

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Dylan
Drive
'97 Legnum 25ST-R
This chassis uses the exact same setup as the 2G DSM awd suspension. Im running Coilovers from a Eclipse.

You're the bomb.

Thank you

cheeks

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Dylan
Drive
'97 Legnum 25ST-R

Turns out the front KYBs for the 2G Eclipse are an inch shorter than the OEM Legnum shocks, otherwise, they're a perfect fit. In my attempt to install these with the OEM spring, my spring compressor got stuck in the spring when I decompressed it. I'm assuming it got stuck because the spring is a bit too long for the shock. I ordered the Monroe shocks which are slightly longer (but slightly worse in quality rip). I'll provide updates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom