Potholes and wheel Repair

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Looks sweet.

Generally its cheaper to go elsewhere to powdercoat.

The rim repair place fixed mine for $150, but wanted $120 to paint per rim, I found a respectable place elsewhere to powdercoat and was quoted $35 per rim!!

I will post the before and after soon.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Looks like a bought one! Good work.

Just a shame about the weird colour!

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
And It just happened again :angry: Pulled over to the side of the road for a ambo in a hurry and managed to hit another huge pothole I couldn't see because I had a big 4WD in front of me. Buckled the inside of the (same) rim this time, badly enough to leave me with a flat tyre and to top it off I left my phone at home. Also found out I took the wrong wheelnut brace when me and my bro were using both of ours at home the other day. So after a nice long walk I managed to get my girlfriend out with the proper brace so I could crawl home on the spavesaver at 60km/h. Lucky i only had like 25km until I was home because the space saver is AMAZINGLY thin and I was a bit nervous driving on it.
Anyways got the stockies on at the moment and looks like i'll be paying another visit to the damn wheel repair guy...and it's only been 20 days :( If i was smart i guess i'd just leave the 16's on but they look pretty poor compared to the 18's. Have NO IDEA how anyone would manage driving on anything over 18" wheels though, my sidewalls atm offer sweet f all protection as it is. Anyways, rant over.

Top Bottom