International UK VR-4

zapryan21

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Zapryan
Drive
Mitsubishi Galant
Hello. I bought a VR-4 Galant 8th Gen from the UK, but I have problems registering the car in my country, which is Bulgaria.

The Police Department told me that I need Type Approval - some sort of document that has most specifications of the car, such as HP, net weight, gross weight, CO2 emissions, seats, etc. My V5C documents are almost empty. The only thing that is written on the document is the color of the car, model - Mitsubishi Galant (not VR at all), Chassis Number, and Engine Capacity (2498 cc).
When getting this i can register the car, because it will meet European standards for cars imported from 3rd countries that is outside the European Union.

I am asking is there any chance someone from UK can get and write me a new V5C document that features most specifications + the standard that is required from the European Union (someone told me that it needs to be E11* and something else after that - I'm not sure)

I am opened to any advice because I don't know what to do and I don't want to swap the engine, transmission, AWD, and all stuff to a normal Galant.

Thanks in the advice!

Wakaba

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
Not a Brit, but looks like you can get a replacement.

You can get the specified info by getting a vehicle report for your original JDM VIN stamped on your firewall (EC5W-#######). https://carvx.jp/

That said, you'd probably have an easier time posting to the clubvr4.com forum.

Good luck!

Last edited:

zapryan21

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Zapryan
Drive
Mitsubishi Galant
Thanks. I did a post there and hopefully I will receive some ideas on how to register the car. Thanks to you anyway!

Top Bottom