RIP to WTF-70M ...but "spotted" on page 13

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Damn I wonder what he did! Looks like it spun, damage on all sides

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
smash5.jpg

smash6.jpg

smash7.jpg

smash8.jpg

smash9.jpg

smash10.jpg

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
......dude, again, comiserations, any emotions seein it a second time?

you shoulda snagged your black indicators and grey center dash haha

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
LOL I forgot about the indicators until I went back today, didn't want to bother the tow guy again to go and swap them haha.. Oh wells!

Was sad seeing it again.. Lived such a good life until I got to it LOL

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
LOL I forgot about the indicators until I went back today, didn't want to bother the tow guy again to go and swap them haha.. Oh wells!

Was sad seeing it again.. Lived such a good life until I got to it LOL

LOL! Did I say you could borrow mine?

ummmm no

any update on where and when this is going for auction?
And anyone from OZVR4 thinking of pur- chasing?
Im liking the look of a couple of things (man gearbox for one)

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
KP: go join the Police, or mind your own damn business.

Get of his case. As far as I'm concerned Brad put in writing what I was thinking. It's bloody hard to unsettle these cars. I'd put it down more likely to driver over confidence and under experience.

Now don't get me wrong I feel for Tom and his loss as much as the next guy BUT could this have been avoided. Only Tom will know that.

I am glad that he came out of it unhurt.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
my manager just got an early swift gti (the square one) with a later model in it with extractors, cams and stuff done to it. he picked it up real cheap too and it flies. if something happened to my vr4 and i needed to spend a bit cheaper i could definitely see myself going something like that. please still get something fun, even if it is cheap haha

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Alex i think those Recaros are calling you

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Oh dude!!! That's so unfair :(

Ultimately, you're still here to tell us about it and that's what really matters. And for that I'm glad :D

I know of some HH VR4 Galants going cheap ;)

G

Unregistered
Another Galant bites the dust. I'm so sorry to hear it dude. I can still remember how heart broken I felt when I saw the state my car was in after the accident. Even now, looking back a pictures, I remember that little piece that died when I found out my first VR4 love was not coming back.

I gotta ask though, did any of my old parts find their way into your car? I only ask because the Queensland members believe there to be a Queensland VR4 curse and I think you might have fallen victim to it.

We wait to see what WTF-70M will be reincarnated as.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
I gotta ask though, did any of my old parts find their way into your car? I only ask because the Queensland members believe there to be a Queensland VR4 curse and I think you might have fallen victim to it.

So is means that Robert (TTVR4) have some parts off from you too hence his car bite the dust?

Man......o_O

G

Unregistered
So is means that Robert (TTVR4) have some parts off from you too hence his car bite the dust?

Man......o_O

Nope, just the fact that it was a VR4 in Queensland means it was susceptible to the curse :p

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Get of his case. As far as I'm concerned Brad put in writing what I was thinking. It's bloody hard to unsettle these cars. I'd put it down more likely to driver over confidence and under experience.

Now don't get me wrong I feel for Tom and his loss as much as the next guy BUT could this have been avoided. Only Tom will know that.

I am glad that he came out of it unhurt.

Yes,
- had I known what to do in this situation, it could have been avoided
- or had I been in another lane
- going 100kmh (I would have gone straight through the intersection, not been able to turn at all, and out the otherside without hitting anything at all)
- doing 20/30 through the corner (I think I was doing about 30-40ish? I had only come out of the lights! Accelerated like I always do.. But I had to do a sharp turn as the car next to me hadn't turned earlier, so instead of going wide/doing a longer turn on the corner I had to go sharper on the corner..

I've been through that corner SO MANY times! Never had a problem, but this one time, must have been a mix of numerous things that just put me in to the situation, and being ill-experienced as to what to do in this dire situation lead me to crash..

I know I'm not the best driver, and yes I know it could have been avoided, I have overconfidence at times, but this was NOT a case of OVER-confidence as I wasn't speeding or acting stupid or acting above my abilities, just the situation I ended up in (due to whatever it was) put me in to a situation inwhich I didn't react appropriately putting me in to the concrete barrier.

There are so many IF's, but the fact is, I lost traction on a very wet corner, I wasn't speeding, I wasn't acting like an idiot.. I lost traction, I ****ed up the recovery, and I hit the concrete barrier.

We wait to see what WTF-70M will be reincarnated as.

Not that I can recall! Haha.. I'm looking at a Civic VTI/VTI-R coupe or Integra VTI-R.. Something 10k or under preferably, that will still be a bit of fun to drive until I'm financially in front instead of continually behind.. So yeah, nothing too flash or fast, but I have so much time ahead of me for expensive and fast cars!

I know of some HH VR4 Galants going cheap ;)

Haha nah I don't want another OLD Galant, I want my one back! Otherwise something completely different..

I'm looking to spend $8-10k on something that won't chew fuel and cost me tons to keep running, so I can save as much as I can and get an apartment and/or Evo 9 MR :)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Guys, it is a fair douche act to kick the guy when he's down.

Hope you get something you love out of this whole deal mate. How about turning it to your advantage and getting Kristian on the search for a manual Galant in Japan with dark rims & coilovers? Just like you wanted to do you yours?

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Guys, it is a fair douche act to kick the guy when he's down.

Hope you get something you love out of this whole deal mate. How about turning it to your advantage and getting Kristian on the search for a manual Galant in Japan with dark rims & coilovers? Just like you wanted to do you yours?

i second that idea, from what weve seen recently you can get a fair bit for 8-10k in the vr4 market. either get a series 1 or spend just a little more to get a manual galant again

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Agreed. This is for greiving and condolences, save the other stuff for one of the many other threads.

Top Bottom