RIP to WTF-70M ...but "spotted" on page 13

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I considered that, considered seeing what there is that'd cost me a max of 10k to import.. But at the end of the day I'm going to take a month or two off from car ownership, do some research and put a lot of thought in to the plan that I wish to go with!

I really want to use this time to get myself back in line financially.. I still have debt that I need to get out of first (Credit Card, Loan and Parents), before buying another Turbo vehicle, especially importing a VR4 (which, from what I've read on here at times and heard people say themselves, there have been sudden extra costs for some people importing??).. So yeah, I want to be in front first, then I'll see what vehicles I can afford! :) I want a Series 2 Manual Galant hehe

And if I can afford to import a VR4 I will! Otherwise, I'll stick to something cheap for a while and then see where I'm at in half a years time or whatever :)

Thanks everyone who has shown some support :)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Haha nah I don't want another OLD Galant, I want my one back! Otherwise something completely different..

I'm looking to spend $8-10k on something that won't chew fuel and cost me tons to keep running, so I can save as much as I can and get an apartment and/or Evo 9 MR :)

Fair enough, I want them for myself anyway :p

Honestly, I'd go even cheaper, buy a cheapo manual magna and save your coins. Reliable, bit of go (nothing like the VR4) and parts are everywhere.

...And I can fix em for ya ;)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I think you should buy the silver one Chef just listed. You won't notice the extra $3k once it arrives! :)

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Do you know if the cops are going to do a road surface adhesion test. No doubt there was oil mixed in with the rain water which also contributed to the sad end.

And just to make it clear I ain't kicking anyone whilst there down, I'm just asking questions.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Dude, don't worry about it, I don't tend to let things really get to me much at all.. Plus, via writing in text it can be hard to get proper meaning through your wording, things can be taken the wrong way easily!

Nope, there won't be any tests done, as far as the police are concerned, once the statement was made that was it..

What do you guys think of GSR's? Are they actually quick at all, reliable, what are they like on fuel, etc

I like the look of this one, except I would change the wheels on the way home from buying it LOL they're HORRID
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7547689
6094387.jpg

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I was chasing one in my Legnum once and thought it put up a good fight. Would have taken him down tho (twisties) but was suprised.

I would be wary of buying a cheap one tho. I looked at a few a couple of years ago and all the cheap ones were shit.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Also, speak to Clutz if you wanna know more about them, he has a really nice example.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
im a fan of the GSR's, especially with 16's....not 18 or 19 inch dinner plates.

they are quality unit, heaps of parts, easy to mod and get power out of and theyre light

got MLGA or Team4g for more

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
ahhh man.. this car was literally the only reason i joined ozvr4 and is STILL the only galant i have seen on the road.. got so excited wen i saw another galant on the road and it had a southern cross and decepticons badge..
love'd that car.. use to c it down cox's road all the time..
ps. my mate just bought a 2000 vtir civic and my hj 93 galant (auto) keeps up with it in a straight line... takes me round corners tho and leave me for dead down pittwater..
hav u ever considered a cheapo civic.. like cheapest u can get and putting the K24 from the accord in it.. got another friend who did that (no power steering or air con lol) but the thing runs 12.9 down the quarter mile..

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
jeeez, im away for a couple of days and this happens?????

bad luck Tom but glad you re ok

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
There are bargains out there- you just gotta be at the right place at the right time. I picked this car up for $7300 about 4 years ago- all I did was slap on some Enkei's and glare strip and turned it into a nice little cruiser that upset S2000's and WRX's.

[Image not found]

[Image not found]

There was one on Team4G a few weeks ago that a mate picked up- just needed a new clutch and was only $5000

attachment.php

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
ahhh man.. this car was literally the only reason i joined ozvr4 and is STILL the only galant i have seen on the road.. got so excited wen i saw another galant on the road and it had a southern cross and decepticons badge..
love'd that car.. use to c it down cox's road all the time..
ps. my mate just bought a 2000 vtir civic and my hj 93 galant (auto) keeps up with it in a straight line... takes me round corners tho and leave me for dead down pittwater..
hav u ever considered a cheapo civic.. like cheapest u can get and putting the K24 from the accord in it.. got another friend who did that (no power steering or air con lol) but the thing runs 12.9 down the quarter mile..

Thanks man :)

Yeah, I've considered the VTI-R Civics, I have people telling me they're a lot of fun to drive! They're pretty high on my list of "next car options"

I've heard of a white civic with black bonnet with a (I think) K24 motor in it, one of my friends in the Cabra area knows the guy.. Says it surprises a lot of people haha..

I think I spotted you once turning right on to Cox's Rd off of Wicks Rd, you were at the front of the lights? Am I thinking of the same person? I remember they seemed very excited when they saw my car haha.. :p

Thanks for the tips on the GSR's guys, I'll check out those sites :)

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
yeah ha ha that was me.. and that was the first time id ever seen a galant on the road, trying to explain the significance to my friend was useless..
Me: "OMG did u c that, carbon bonnet, blow off valve and everything"
Friend: "see what"
Me: "The galant that just went past??"
Friend: "dont you own a galant cause that didnt look the same.. looked like an angry magna"
i just sighed and gave up..
The k24 civic im thinking of is a dark blue, its got the dc5 box in it.. wiped the smile off a smug asian in an 09 wrx the other day.. very quick

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Tom.

It's funny you mention the Integra VTI-R as a possible next purchase because I test drove a few of them (and Type R's) before settling on the VR-4.

I think what you will find is that for a similar age example with reasonable K's, it will cost the same, if not more than a VR-4.

For example, when I was looking at 1998 onwards VT-R's with around 100,000klms on the clock, most punters were asking between $11-16k! My guess is that a lot of Honda owners see the brand as the Japanese BMW and this reflects in the resales.

The other thing is that if you like the torquey delivery of a good turbo motor, you'll be very disappointed with the power delivery of a Honda vtec. You have to thrash the living daylights out of them to get real go and even then, a VR-4 will have it. On, the street, it's not really practicable to keep an engine spinning over 5,500rpm (which is what you'll need to do in a vtec to really get going).

I suppose fuel usage will be better than a VR-4 though.

Make sure you test drive them to see if it's the right car for you.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
At the end of the day, for the next car, I'm not after a fast car.. I just want a cheap run about to do me fine for the next 6 or so months while I resort my finances and get myself in front..

There is no way I'd be able to get something to compare to the acceleration the VR4 had unless if I go forced induction.. Sure I can pick up a 180 or whatever for under 10k but chances are it's had a very hard life..

If I go for a VR4 I'll just end up in the same position I was before, broke as all sin and struggling to afford my VR4..

So it's NA and cheap to run from here, until I get back in front with my money..

The thing is, because I'll know that it isn't a fast car, I won't be trying to push it heaps and I won't be tempted to modify it to bring out more power like the VR4, so my modding spending will be cut majorly (Like when I had my Mazda and Liberty, I didn't spend much on them at all, because they weren't fast in the first place, so I always had money to travel, go out, cruise, etc).. With the VR4 I was spending so much on petrol, modifications, etc that I just couldn't do anything else!

Also looked at those AE111 Levin/Trueno things

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
yeah ha ha that was me.. and that was the first time id ever seen a galant on the road, trying to explain the significance to my friend was useless..
Me: "OMG did u c that, carbon bonnet, blow off valve and everything"
Friend: "see what"
Me: "The galant that just went past??"
Friend: "dont you own a galant cause that didnt look the same.. looked like an angry magna"
i just sighed and gave up..
The k24 civic im thinking of is a dark blue, its got the dc5 box in it.. wiped the smile off a smug asian in an 09 wrx the other day.. very quick

Haha oooh well there you go! LOL you spotted me about 1 min from my house haha..

Was it a female friend you had with you? (y)

Top Bottom