twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Has anyone had an exhaust done in Adelaide yet? I have a few shops that I have used before, just wondering if anyone has had much experience with our VR4's yet?

I did a search but didn't find anything in SA

Rob

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Ive been meaning to get mine done, but ive been a little lazy. im planning on going with D&T, let us know who you end up going with and what they are like.

G

Unregistered
exhaust technology on goodwood road can manufacture any exhaust to make any sound you like. my mate got his done there and it sounds great

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I know Marc (user evo002) had his exhaust done by D&T and he's been happy with it. I've seen the finished product but not heard it (was sitting in a car park) looked neat ;)

G

Unregistered
I got a 3" Stainless Steel mandrel bent exhaust with dump pipes through Everlast Mufflers at Golden Grove Rd Ridgehaven, they did an excellent job and were fair on price, if u want some pics pm me

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Well I have booked in at AAA Exhausts next week for a 3"cat back system. Aim is to keep it quiet at cruise, and not quite so whilst on the right pedal. Looking at one hot dog, and a Lukey ss rear muffler. Going to keep it looking stockish from the rear.

Will post up impressions once it is done.

On another note, ordered a set of bars from Superior Suspension too:) Next two weeks should see some fun.

G

Unregistered
should get the dump pipe also for the exhaust. it will boost the price up a bit but will remove the last bit of power restrictions in the exhaust system

VR4TT

Crunching Gears
First Name
brett
Drive
1999 vr4,cordia turbo,Evo 8,Nissan Autech Elgrand
The place to for an exhaust

I had an exhaust done by D&T:wanker: a few months ago, :banghead: it sounded and looked that good i had it taken off and the factory system put back on.

It was 3" stainless from the turbo back, i lost 50+KW at the wheels and it sounded like a N/A V6 magna :ROFLMAO:, yet it still cost $2500.

I went with a Varex muffler with the electronic quietning valve in it, what piece of rubbish that was, but i was assured it would sound KILLA! How wrong they were.

But last week had it all redone by Exhaust Technology with Jun BL muffler and resinator,it sounds tough and feels a lot more pokey. But wait theres more,while marky was reusing some of the pipe that D&T had used he found that the cat was installed "backwards" and the O2 sensor was hard up against the floor pan of the car!!!:wanker:

So the moral of the story and answer to any of your questions is ....:bigsmile::bigsmile:

http://exhausttechnology.com.au

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
front pipes will come with time, but I could either do the whole exhaust, or do cat back, and make the leggy handle a bit better.

I chose the latter:)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Rob - what was the quote from AAA? you can PM me if you'd rather not post for all to read.

I'm interested as I had a rather over-inflated quote from them when enquiring over the phone a couple of months back....

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
$900 in SS and $580 MS. That was the quote after they put the car on the hoist and had a look at what was actualy required. The SS price was on par with two other reputable places (Everlast and Exhaust Techniques), but the MS was a good $100-150 cheaper than the other two. I don't think they wanted to do a MS system.

Personally I find the note of MS nicer than SS, and it's not like it is going to rust out in a couple of years, or that I get under the car and polish it, so MS I am going.

Should post up some results later in the week.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Thats pretty good pricing.. When I rang over the phone I asked how much for a cat back exhaust in stainless 3" and I was told ~$1300, no cat, no down pipes etc - I was like what the?! $900 seems far more reasonable.

Since then I have already bought a 3" Stainless Trust muffler (sitting on my garage shelves) so I might go down there one day to find out how much to finish off the system with mild steel piping and a resi..... :D

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
I just had a Cat back system fitted up to my RPW dump, by Garage7 in mt barker, i supplied the muffler and resonators and (Declan) did all the pipework, with my help.

I need to update my Eds car car thread with pics and full details, but those who come on cruise this weekend can have a squiz at it.

to summarise pricing-wise he said he really needs to quote each car individually, but he works on about $75 hr labour and my car took 5 -6 hrs with me helping, so once you add parts, in my case about 350 for lukey turbo oval muffler and 2 x big resonators, then add pipework and consumables and dont expect much change from 800 as a minimum. (not including a cat) I reused the factory tip as it is a 3 inch unit. Id suspect you could find a cheaper hourly rate but i am very happy with the job. (although not as quiet as i wanted, but still have to put a cat in, its a long story...)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Eddy - I was going to see Decs for a price on the legnum exhaust - good to know he's had experience with one now ;) 5-6 hours seems like quite a while to fabricate what seems to be a pretty simple exhaust system WITH your help? Was there some sort of delay/complication?

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
Nope, there were no dramas, (apart from my 3 inch cat actually being a 2.5 inch cat) just took that long, inclusive of iced coffee and pizza shape breaks. Maybe starting at 10pm and finishing after 3am our brains were going a bit slow. But Declan doesnt rush things. I changed T/F case and diff oil and poked around a lot of the time, but held things in place and made decisions on routing/clearances etc as we went. I probably saved only 30 mins by helping, but it avoided any suprises as everything is now hanging exactly as i wanted.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
I highly recomend Drew at AAA Exhausts. I am very happy with the quality of pipework, routing and the price. He seems to have pride in his work.

For those that want to have a look, I should hopefully make the cruise on Sunday.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
hey guys, do you guys think that $1,120 for a 3" stainless steel catback exhaust is too much or about right? that includes a JunBL muffler and a couple of resinators but doesnt include a CAT.

I was really hoping to get one for under 1k but i really dont know how much i should pay for one.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
dammit why cant u get off the shelf exhaust systems like i did with my silvia. and spend a few hours with mates bolting it up lol.

hasnt anyone yet even considered dual exhaust? seeing its a V configuration engine, it only makes sense. 2x2.25s should give a nice note :D

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
3" ss cat back had 3 quotes (aaa, exhaust techniques & everlast mufflers) all $900. Also got quoted $1200 from d&t:(
So starting around $900, depending on what muffler etc you use.

As I have already said, I used aaa, and am very happy with the quality of the workmanship, and how high he kept the system. The Lukey race muffler has a little bit of drone, but I drove over the YP today, and didn't really notice it at 110.

Top Bottom