SA Exhaust shops

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
dammit why cant u get off the shelf exhaust systems like i did with my silvia. and spend a few hours with mates bolting it up lol.

hasnt anyone yet even considered dual exhaust? seeing its a V configuration engine, it only makes sense. 2x2.25s should give a nice note :D

The only way to do that would be to split it after the rear diff im thinking, as there doesnt look to be enough room to run 2 pipes next to the drive shaft and then you would also need to modify the rear bar.

3" ss cat back had 3 quotes (aaa, exhaust techniques & everlast mufflers) all $900. Also got quoted $1200 from d&t:(
So starting around $900, depending on what muffler etc you use.

As I have already said, I used aaa, and am very happy with the quality of the workmanship, and how high he kept the system. The Lukey race muffler has a little bit of drone, but I drove over the YP today, and didn't really notice it at 110.

thanks for that Rob, did that include a CAT? or are you still using the one that was on the car?

Im thinking about going with AAA exhausts, ill have to have a talk to them.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Still have not changed the cat. Talk to Drew if you go to AAA. He did mine, and he seemed to have pride in his work.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
anything can be made to fit. and no, rear bar doesnt need to be touched.

splitting it after the diff would be pretty retarded. so u got the exhaust coming off the 2 turbos, joining creating a restriction point, then dividing again :s

its ok, ill sus it. i got a knack for doing things properly ;)

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
Jarrad, check my 'Ed's Car' car thread for pics and also what i paid for the individual bits on my system to give so some futher info if you havent already.

G

Unregistered
i was driving past exhaust technologies today and got a quote for dumps. stainless was $1000 and mild steel was $800. seemed awfully pricey but didnt no what others have paid just for a dump before. maybe i will give AAA a call when i actually have the money to do it and see what they say

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
interesting, i was gona go there eventually and get some dual pipes fabricated, but looks like they already have that as an option. ****ing bang mother ****er!

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Sorry to dig up this thread, but I'm looking for 3" dumps. Excuse my ignorance but those are the pips from the turbo to the cat?
Anyways, I took the car to AAA and said they wouldn't be able to do it because of space restrictions.. but I'm pretty sure there are people on here that have got it :s
Any advice guys? This is my final mod before I boost the car so would be nice to get it done.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Sorry to dig up this thread, but I'm looking for 3" dumps. Excuse my ignorance but those are the pips from the turbo to the cat?
Anyways, I took the car to AAA and said they wouldn't be able to do it because of space restrictions.. but I'm pretty sure there are people on here that have got it :s
Any advice guys? This is my final mod before I boost the car so would be nice to get it done.

3" is a bit overkill off the turbo. 2.5" is more than enough. I also think you are referring to the "Front pipes" They are the pipes that come down from the small dump off the turbo. most people just upgrade from there back and not worry about the small bit off the turbo.

From memory i have read that having a smaller sized pipe coming straight off the turbo - into a larger dia pipe causes a vaccum effect and draws the gasses out quicker. So just doing the down pipes has substantial gains in them selves.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Hey guys, I have a question for anyone who got their exhaust done at exhaust technology.

How is it? How does it look? How does it sound? How is the quality?

Its hard to tell from the pictures but that bracket on the end there near the diff looks kinda dodgy. Its probably just the picture though.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Is that the shop on Goodwood rd? I had the exhaust for my Honda done there and all the work was of a great quality. Nothing but good things to say really, and it wasn't too outrageously expensive for a custom job.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Yeah I think its there, I had a mate who got his exhaust for his VE ute there and then got it shipped up to Darwin and fitted.

http://www.exhausttechnology.com/mitsubishi_vr4.html

I was wondering if this exhaust system would be any good, Id change the rear muffler but it looks pretty good and a reasonable price. Cheaper than any quote I got in Darwin.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Can't tell you! Hopefully the fellow whose car is pictured can comment, but at $960 for fronts and a hi-flow cat seems ok, and the one thing I can comment on is the good workmanship that I had on all the items on my Honda. Keep in mind that's for a Galant so you won't be able to just say 'one of those please', as I think the Legnums need slightly longer bits.

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
I drove alongside that car during the week and at traffic speeds it was quiet and didn't drone, but when he used a bit of throttle it sounded good. I don't like the twin exit muffler cos it looks crammed.

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
Everlast mufflers cant beat them on price they did from the dumps all the way to the back muffler for $1300 (mild steel) and its way off the ground and mine is lowered to never scraped:) give them a call top service

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
Exhaust dymanics done my cat back exhaust for $1400 stainless high flow cat, 3inch stainless exhaust with the cannon on the back... I like the sound of it has a bit of a drone but I'm use to it cause so did the commy

Top Bottom