100,000km Major Service Parts List

G

Unregistered
Hey guys,

At the moment I am compiling a spreadsheet of ALL the parts necessary to perform a major 100,000km service for the Galant & Legnum.

I need you guys to check over this list and please tell me:

- If I have made any errors
- Parts which need to be added
- Description's which are missing Part Numbers and Prices etc
- Anything of relevance

I am also working hard with some old business contacts to try and find an aftermarket equivalent for as many parts as possible.

This is getting to be a pain in the ass lol but my love for the streets run deep and once compiled I believe it will save people a lot of hassle and a lot of money instead of having to buy the genuine Mitsubishi article.

All useful input is welcome, yes I have done a search and all the threads were incomplete and not very useful. lets make this 100% complete then sticky this for all members.

Always hit Ctrl + F5 each time you visit this thread to ensure you are viewing the latest chart.

Thanks
Altaaf

100000kmparts.jpg

Mac Dog

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Macca
Drive
Red 1997 Legnum
You couldn't have done this at a better time. I'm expecting my Leggy to hit Aus shores within the month and am going to do the major service on her!

Perfect timing!

G

Unregistered
You couldn't have done this at a better time. I'm expecting my Leggy to hit Aus shores within the month and am going to do the major service on her!

Perfect timing!

I'm Still waiting on Ben from J-Spec to advise me of shipping options as car has been paid for and I am impatiently waiting!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Looks like a great idea Altaaf :) Some of the holes in your table can be filled from entries in the Part Numbers Guide.

Can I suggest adding O² sensors and maybe hydraulic lifters to that list? While perhaps not strictly necessary they're items I'd be inclined to replace at 100,000kms.

G

Unregistered
Looks like a great idea Altaaf :) Some of the holes in your table can be filled from entries in the Part Numbers Guide.

Can I suggest adding O² sensors and maybe hydraulic lifters to that list? While perhaps not strictly necessary they're items I'd be inclined to replace at 100,000kms.

Updated, we need to fill in the RED areas. Anybody got access to CAPS or the Mitsu parts system so we can get some official part numbers?

Cheers

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
Top work Altaaf. I'll also be needing to service mine in the not too distant future and this is very handy - good onya!

Anthony

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
You want 75w90 for the manual gearbox, and it MUST be GL4

The transfer case and the diff need 75w90, normal gear oil will be fine, obviously differing brands will have differing quality levels.

G

Unregistered
You want 75w90 for the manual gearbox, and it MUST be GL4

The transfer case and the diff need 75w90, normal gear oil will be fine, obviously differing brands will have differing quality levels.

How many litres does the transfer case and diff need? I assume its all one component as in when you fill up the transfer case it goes down into the diff too?

How many litres does the manual gearbox take?

today i had to change my power steering belt,

after market fitment is a ----- 6pk (groves) 1060 length

also because the alt belt has to come off to change the ps belt
i changed this at the same time ----- 4pk (groves) 950 length

i used off the shelf bosch belts.

I quoted you from this thread mate - http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375&highlight=bosch&page=10

Now tell me the part numbers for these Bosch Alternator and Power Steering belts, this way we have an alternative to the Mitsubishi stuff! Also WTF is a grove? Did you mean groove? what does 4pk & 6pk mean?

Jeez I think I've searched every thread on this forum and I don't even own a Galant yet ROFL !! (ETA 6-8 weeks till she lands :D)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
transfer case and rear diff are about 0.6 litres each, the gearbox is 2.7L

G

Unregistered
ive been told that the transfer case requires exactly .625L and you should use 75w140

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
mitsi themselves say 75w90 in the manuals. The same manual actually says 0.62L for the transfer case, I dunno about the .005L, we just fill them up until oil comes out the top!

G

Unregistered
i got trade price, bout $10nz each, normally $20-35nz each

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
The Part Numbers Guide has Top Gun plug leads, use those (they're easily available in Australia and good quality).

Transfer case and rear-diff use GL5 gear oil btw - if you use GL5 in the gearbox you'll have too much slip, if you use GL4 in the diff you'll get wear and damage. Make sure you use the right lube for the application.

No such thing as 'aircon belt', just alternator and PS (aircon is slaved off one of these).

Please go through the Part Numbers Guide again - there are a lot of mitsi part numbers already listed there for half the stuff you still have ? for.

G

Unregistered
mitsi themselves say 75w90 in the manuals. The same manual actually says 0.62L for the transfer case, I dunno about the .005L, we just fill them up until oil comes out the top!

ive been told that the transfer case requires exactly .625L and you should use 75w140

Ok we need a definite answer here because last thing we want is a guide with wrong info which could potentially damage someone's transfer case cause they put the wrong viscousity fluid!

Can someone verify the correct viscousity fluid?

Cheers

G

Unregistered
The Part Numbers Guide has Top Gun plug leads, use those (they're easily available in Australia and good quality).

Transfer case and rear-diff use GL5 gear oil btw - if you use GL5 in the gearbox you'll have too much slip, if you use GL4 in the diff you'll get wear and damage. Make sure you use the right lube for the application.

No such thing as 'aircon belt', just alternator and PS (aircon is slaved off one of these).

Please go through the Part Numbers Guide again - there are a lot of mitsi part numbers already listed there for half the stuff you still have ? for.

Hmm you sure there is no separate Air Con belt? I was pretty sure there was? Can someone confirm this? I'm probably going crazy lol!

Maybe Im just tired/blind lol, pm me your email buddy I'll shoot you a copy of the spreadsheet. This way you can fill in as many as the ? possible and just email her back to me and I will update the first post.

Cheers

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
if you use GL5 in the gearbox you'll have too much slip

I didn't know this... I put the same GL5 in my gearbox and transfer case. Could this be why my clutch is slipping after the service and not before? Could it be that I didn't need a new clutch after all (though I might, now that I've possibly borked it...)

Top Bottom