Unregistered
definitely take screen grabs of the ads and visit the police

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
or better yet, go to the yard, bring that auction sheet and ask for a massive discount like somewhere 65% off for being a high kms and being dodgy. If they say fuck off, then tell them Dept of Trading is on the way ahahaha

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
You have to do a bit more then just winding back the odo reading from 150tkm to 32tkm... 32tkm - hardly any wear on interior etc., 152tkm wear on pedals, steering wheel, carpets, handbrake leever... things you can't just polish up... You definitely see if a car has done 150tkm or just 30tkm!!!

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Guys, you should NOT be naming businesses like this as it could get Snickells in a load of legal trouble. It has happened before in Australia, so I'd seriously recommend removing any names.

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
I've posted this on Evo Oz because it's likely someone over there will finally crack the shits and put in a complaint.

tommy86

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Really fast Magna wagon thingy
Guys, you should NOT be naming businesses like this as it could get Snickells in a load of legal trouble. It has happened before in Australia, so I'd seriously recommend removing any names.

If Snickells wants me change/remove anything i will but untill then. These will stay up. This guy is a criminal

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Whats the car yard you're mates with? The guys next door you're using for all your works and charge $450 for painting wheels, where powdercoating is $50-$70 a rim nationwide?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Whats the car yard you're mates with? The guys next door you're using for all your works and charge $450 for painting wheels, where powdercoating is $50-$70 a rim nationwide?

What does that have to do with it? If someone can charge double everybody else (not saying they are either) and people pay it, what's wrong with that, it's not misleading just that's their price, maybe it's not something they like to do and for it to be worth their while they charge more....

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
If Snickells wants me change/remove anything i will but untill then. These will stay up. This guy is a criminal
That's only your opinion. Leave this shit-flinging vendetta crap for TT/ACA. Also, FYI: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/te...enner-hunted-down-and-sued-20100224-p3n7.html. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but it CAN and it's not wise to put the owner in view of any potential harm. Are you going to pony up some cash for his legal fees IF something came of it?

Think, McFly... THINK.

Also, how about naming the yard that you're affiliated/mates with to even the playing field?

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
What does that have to do with it? If someone can charge double everybody else (not saying they are either) and people pay it, what's wrong with that, it's not misleading just that's their price, maybe it's not something they like to do and for it to be worth their while they charge more....

Where I'm getting here got nothing to do with prices for painting rims. But have a look at the map below where the suspect is located and where the "mates" yard is, which is also doing imports and got highly recommend several times...

[GMAP]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=de&amp;geocode=&amp;q=All+Imports,+181+Parramatta+Rd,+Haberfield+NSW+2045,+Australia%3B+Jap+Link+Motors+Haberfield+NSW&amp;sll=-33.88245,151.133562&amp;sspn=0.006671,0.013937&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=All+Imports,+181+Parramatta+Rd,+Haberfield+NSW+2045,+Australia%3B+Jap+Link+Motors&amp;hnear=Haberfield+New+South+Wales,+Australien&amp;ll=-33.882441,151.133562&amp;spn=0.006295,0.011616&amp;t=h&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=de&amp;geocode=&amp;q=All+Imports,+181+Parramatta+Rd,+Haberfield+NSW+2045,+Australia%3B+Jap+Link+Motors+Haberfield+NSW&amp;sll=-33.88245,151.133562&amp;sspn=0.006671,0.013937&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=All+Imports,+181+Parramatta+Rd,+Haberfield+NSW+2045,+Australia%3B+Jap+Link+Motors&amp;hnear=Haberfield+New+South+Wales,+Australien&amp;ll=-33.882441,151.133562&amp;spn=0.006295,0.011616&amp;t=h" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Größere Kartenansicht</a></small>[/GMAP]

Now that is suspicious to me!

There are probably thousands of blue Skylines on planet earth...

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
Someone go to cops or some tv program please - some people are not as lucky as us and save for many years for cars like that - that is so wrong.
I cant even write what i would do to they yard if i bought a car of them and found this out now but break fluid and others would be involved.

Bloody Scum

tommy86

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive

Maybe you should read the rest of that thread mate.

"$50 per rim to powdercoat the rim + $10-15 per rim to remove tyres + $15-20 per rim to refit tyres and balance = $300-$340
Plus time and effort to swap car on to spare rims with hand jack vs putting car on hoist and then there is the 1.5hr round trip out to kings park and back twice.

Mathematically i'm better off paying someone do do all the messing about and crap and going to work for 4hrs"

tommy86

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Where I'm getting here got nothing to do with prices for painting rims. But have a look at the map below where the suspect is located and where the "mates" yard is, which is also doing imports and got highly recommend several times...

[GMAP]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=de&amp;geocode=&amp;q=All+Imports,+181+Parramatta+Rd,+Haberfield+NSW+2045,+Australia%3B+Jap+Link+Motors+Haberfield+NSW&amp;sll=-33.88245,151.133562&amp;sspn=0.006671,0.013937&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=All+Imports,+181+Parramatta+Rd,+Haberfield+NSW+2045,+Australia%3B+Jap+Link+Motors&amp;hnear=Haberfield+New+South+Wales,+Australien&amp;ll=-33.882441,151.133562&amp;spn=0.006295,0.011616&amp;t=h&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=de&amp;geocode=&amp;q=All+Imports,+181+Parramatta+Rd,+Haberfield+NSW+2045,+Australia%3B+Jap+Link+Motors+Haberfield+NSW&amp;sll=-33.88245,151.133562&amp;sspn=0.006671,0.013937&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=All+Imports,+181+Parramatta+Rd,+Haberfield+NSW+2045,+Australia%3B+Jap+Link+Motors&amp;hnear=Haberfield+New+South+Wales,+Australien&amp;ll=-33.882441,151.133562&amp;spn=0.006295,0.011616&amp;t=h" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Größere Kartenansicht</a></small>[/GMAP]

Have a proper look at the car how many 350GT's in that colour with that lip kit and wing and rims would have just been sold in japan?

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Ok, you didn't get the message... instead you go off on my recommendation example.

You're mates yard is rigth next to All Imports, it's Jap Link Motors.

Here just a few links of what a happy customer you are @ Jap Link Motors:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

If you're 100% sure of what you say, follow the advise you got from plenty of replies. If you can't prove it, shut up...

All you do in my eyes is dragging someones name through the mud and it could cost you quite a lot if you have no evidence!

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum

Not sure what your inferring, but all i'm getting is that for you its not important that a dealer is winding back odo's and removing up to 120,000 kays from a particular car.
What you seem to be focussed on is that the guy who reported and provided quite a bit of evidence to back up his claims might be trying to talk up business for his mate.
I don't really give a stuff if Tommy86 has shares in the other car yard (which hasn't been named) but the other yard is blatantly breaking the law (according to the evidence provided)

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Not sure what your inferring, but all i'm getting is that for you its not important that a dealer is winding back odo's and removing up to 120,000 kays from a particular car.
What you seem to be focussed on is that the guy who reported and provided quite a bit of evidence to back up his claims might be trying to talk up business for his mate.
I don't really give a stuff if Tommy86 has shares in the other car yard (which hasn't been named) but the other yard is blatantly breaking the law (according to the evidence provided)

What evidence? A picture?

The forum is not the right place to report things like this...if he has proof --> MTA / RTA / DOTAR and report on the forum how it went.

tommy86

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
I've posted the Auction report from when these cars where sold in japan. This auction report has the cars chassis number, along with the rest of the information about the car body condition, kms, interior condition. This is my evidence...

Also Why the fuck am i being gunned for trying to help people stay away from cars that have the clock wound back? this is a forum, look it up in the dictionary, pretty sure it will say something along the lines of a public place for discussion of a topic of interest. A legnum with a wound back clock would not be of interest?

Yes i get work done at Jap Link they provide good work at a very good price and have been in the game for a long time. Hell they even have a mechanic that used to work for Panspeed japan. Look them up they know a little bit about cars...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom