Sold QLD 96 PFL Silver manual + 96 PFL White auto (leather)

Status
Not open for further replies.

banserki

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Legnum
Alright here it is. Make an offer, take them away. I'm going on tour with my band for a month and will leave signed transfer/ownership papers with the housemates. I hope to be rid of them when I get back so I can put a downpayment on a new car with a warranty hahah.

Year/Make/Model: 1996

Asking price: Hoping for $8,000 for the pair. ONO. all offers will be considered.

Kilometers: ~160k for each

Registration expiry date: ~June

Roadworthy/Safety Certificate provided: no

Transmission: manual (TME clutch installed Jan 2015 and less than 4k driven since.

Body colour and condition: silver, few minor dooring scars and faded/cracking paint all over in the usual spots.

Interior colour, specs and condition: Average, no tears, no deep scratches or stains. Fuse drawer has come off. It goes in but falls open.

Mechanical condition and service history: All fine except the reason I'm done with the car. It keeps dropping PS+AC belt. I've replaced every pulley and the AC compressor and it still comes off. can't afford to keep taking it to the mechanic and have lost my passion for the car from the stress.

Modifications: Usuals. TME boost solenoid, fuel rail, Walbro fuel pump, Enkei EVO7's, brand new Gopher upgraded radiator. OEM remote key. Set of 4 original alloys included, tire quality varying.

Service documents available: various mechanic receipts for the belt coming off, clutch install and gear selector cable replacement.

Import documents available: no

Other important points: Drives well when it's working.

Reason for selling: Cant afford more repairs, time to get a car with a warranty =[

Contact details: text 0448448426 or email/facebook banserki@gmail.com

The white legnum is auto, has full leather interior in average condition, some scratches and some very minor cracking. It has larger wheels and coilovers. Was in full working order but scavenged some parts for the silver legnum. it's missing its front ignition packs, I have them just havent put them back in. It's AC tension pulley is off and the bolt is rusted into the adjuster nut. the RH front quarter panel is dented to crappery, but still goes on. I bought it as a parts car and was going to transfer the leather into my main leggy but honestly all it needs is to be put back together. I still have a roadworthy I had done on it from 2014. (it's paintwork was cut and beautiful until I had to give up garagespace and now there is so much dirt and some green caked onto it)

The Grey legnum still drives well, just you need strong arms to turn the wheel. White has been sitting for 2 and a half years. Come take them off my hands.

Photos:

04 - sQz63eY.jpg
02 - pjNvU69.jpg
03 - jyGm5Xp.jpg
01 - XG7pNUq.jpg
16 - yXObdfe.jpg
05 - JTjffN5.jpg
09 - X9hjDQB.jpg
15 - HMll40V.jpg
17 - prE4LP7.jpg
13 - gnfBory.jpg
06 - e5SgJSU.jpg
08 - 40lhVB5.jpg
14 - FoBIQAW.jpg
07 - SLzE3G0.jpg
11 - 8B17iJn.jpg
12 - BBkm3tE.jpg

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I think you meant to say all offers will be considered, not accepted. Accepted means just that you agree to that price.

banserki

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Legnum
Either/or. I'd just like them gone. I hate how I am the guy I dread with car sales "small fix, could do it but for some reason have not"

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
I have the exact same issue with my ps Ac belt shredding itself on high rpm shifts. We ground the back of the idler pulley so it loaded the belt away from the motor. Seems to have stopped the problem. Would really hate to see a car sold for such a simple problem that just needs a little time to get right.

banserki

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Legnum
Unfortunately so! Car has rego and can get a new belt on and RWC supplied too. Trotty can you pm me about your fix?

banserki

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Legnum
Bump. Grey legnum is halfway through me changing the engine mounts. Someone come take these cars away, I need driveway space for my new car. ALL OFFERS ACCEPTED.

banserki

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Legnum
Take my cars. Come scavenge them for whatever you want before I call the wreckers to take them.

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
I'll take the manual conversion, now I know how to pull the boxes apart and recondition them, and have needed different wheels for a while, would like to see what those enkeis are like on my wagon.

Might even put the steering gear from the auto into the manual and get a permit to drive it back to Sydney.

But I will have to drive up from Bathurst. how long can you wait for me? my next few days are putting my car back together, but was heading up to byron on the 18th with a van and trailer. I can come up with my tools and trailer and pull lots of bits off them. I have weeks off work so have time to do it all. PM me for a chat if you'd like. or give me a buzz 0405516250

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
also, is that an android head unit in an MMC centre panel? been meaning to get one of those, but carbon wrap it. I assume you'll be wanting the head unit though?

Can't believe people from brisbane haven't at least made offers.

Jay...

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jay
Drive
1998 Galant vr-4
That's what I was thinking too, if I wasn't 13hrs away I would already have them lol

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
The girlfriend says she'll come up after byron if I can get the manual working and drive it back down to Bathurst, I'll strip the auto and throw parts in the boot of the manual and in my trailer before road tripping back down to sydney with my girl. If you are seriously just going to send them to a wreckers.

banserki

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Legnum
I've been away from the PC, just saw your posts. Cars will be given to wreckers on Friday 22nd July. Anyone is free to come tear them down or take them off my hands. Give me a carton and get it off my driveway. It is an android headunit,

The White legnum was roadworthy before I scavenged parts for the grey, its missing its idler pulley and coil packs. It has the MMRS navigation or whatever it is called. Cream leather interior. I'd MUCH rather give them to an enthusiast then a wreckers.

banserki

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Legnum
Cars located at Tallai, 1 hour south of Bris, 30minutes north of Coolangatta. Give me a text for address and I'll leave the gate open and you can come tear off whatever parts you want or load them onto a tilt tray.

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Can I confirm that you are saying the whole car for a carton?

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Done, I'll be up there with 3 cartons of whatever you drink by the end of the week. Might even turn one into a track car with the little bro.

In Newcastle at the moment with @LDundon and will need to head home to Bathurst to pick up the van and trailer then head right up. Any chance of it staying another weekend? If not I'll just smash it up there, but aware of the fact that I might have to pull dangerous driving hours, so would prefer to be able to take longer if possible. If its any hassle at all I can organise the pickup of whats left the following week so you dont have to do anything as long as I have access to the cars in a driveway or garage. @trotty, @douwboy, @BFun and numerous others will vouch for my trustworthiness (I hope :-P) if you are concerned.

Would be very helpful if we could park our half completed camper van in a yard nearby, if not we can take it to any industrial area to crash at night.

Let me know if theres anything else I can do to make it easier for you as your really doing unknown members a massive favour by offering this up, and its much appreciated.

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Ha, I just realised I texted Matthew instead of you James.

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Ha, I just realised I texted Matthew instead of you James.
I was wondering why someone asked me if i was selling my leggys (thinking you were talking about mine and Lindsays), I was like Nooooo never!!! Then it clicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom