Wanted QLD Alternator

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
What the????!!! Finally get the time to square away this alternator replacement and the top mount looks off. Checking part numbers etc as we speak.....

20200628_104013.jpg

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Yeah, I don't remember where I got a longer bolt when I did mine. Don't recall having much trouble though.

100A vs 120A.jpg

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
The plug is also different!

NEW ALT PLUG:

20200628_110438.jpg

OLD ALT PLUG:
20200628_110434.jpg

Might be best just to get the old one refurbished! Think I've dumb arsed the buy thinking id put in enough research to get the correct replacement Alternator.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Repco have the correct one. Same as for FTO

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
I believe you're after a Jaylec 65-6304.

As jungle said, will suit a 6A12 fto/hj galant, but also looks like it might suit a 6A13 too.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
@DarkVR4 dont be too hard on yourself. There are much worse bad decisions in life. Just take it in your stride. Hindsight is always 20:20(y)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
LOL mine died last week so had to replace it LOL. Jinxed myself. But as i said, getting it out and replacing with new one took mere seconds. The hard part with mine was getting the rear heat guards off and undoing the direct power line from.to the battery. I have custom dump pipes hence the custom heat guard which although straightforward, was very fiddly and took bloody ages!

And yes i used the Repco item. (y)

Top Bottom