Brembo Brake Caliper Upgrade

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Righto i have spent the morning trawling both here and CRV4 to finalise what is needed for the brembo conversion on a series 1/PFL.

The list:
Evo brembo calipers (check)
Evo brake lines (preferably braided, banjo bolt type?, fronts essential, rears not so much)
Evo discs to suit evo 8/9 (considering DBA4000 preferably 5000 though)
Evo pads (take your pick - ferodo, hawk performance, green stuff etc)
Series 2/FL hub carriers WITH abs/ayc sensors.

I have prices for most of the stuff, but am still waiting for a couple of quotes

Is there anything major i have missed???

BB

G

Unregistered
The list:

Evo brake lines (preferably braided, banjo bolt type?, fronts essential, rears not so much)

BB

Wrong!

YOU MUST USE THE REAR EVO LINES! vr4 has NPT rear lines, the evo uses banjo bolt rear lines,

no problems with the front vr4 lines, these do not need to be changed

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
yep, you got it around the wrong way :)

still, if you're looking at getting braided lines, you may as well replace the whole lot.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Evo discs to suit evo 8/9 (considering DBA4000 preferably 5000 though)

Id be interested in knowing how much the quote for the rotors was(if you dont mind me asking), i got a quote for them both and the 5000 series where around $600 each compared to the $280 each for the 4000 series

G

Unregistered
I’m one step closer to getting everything I need for the Brembo upgrade. Rotors are the next thing.

Looks like I will have some evo 8 front and rear pads with lots of meat left on them if anyone wants them cheap.

Brake fluid - Brembo Racing LCF 600 Plus

Pads - Hawk HPS High Performance Street (Ferro Carbon)
Just to note the hawk pads I got work great but as they are very hard they do squeal a bit sometimes.
I'd probably try the ralliart pads next time if you can find a cheap set.

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Emanuel pmed you re. pads.

Im also getting parts together, but want to do the pads and rotors on the cheap for now, save on initial costs esp seeing as i have to get the hub carriers, which dont look to be quite as cheap as i thought (still not too bad though)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Check with insurance, the brembo upgrade wont affect my premium or excesses!!!

Hooray, its full steam ahead!! Be prepared for many silly and meanial questions........

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Sweet put em on and takes pics....we all wait in silence :):)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Let the randon questions begin!!

Does the evo 6.5 have the same brembo calipers as an 8?

LEG_IT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S Black Manual
Just wondering if $1600 is a fair price for evo 8 front and rear brembo calipers. Can't remember the going prices that they usually sell for. I think it is still might be a little steep but i've already knocked $200 off original price. Good condition too.
All opinions welcome...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
no, most of the time they will be $1000-1200 for the full kit, including rotors and pads.

Unless of course they are in perfect condition and have only done like 2000km or something.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Sam, it'll be worth your while signing up to this forum:

www.evolutionoz.net There's caliper sets for sale all the time there :) and they're always reasonably priced.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Yea unless you are getting low km pads and disks included for that price, its a bit steep sam.

Is that an ebay set of calipers? I rememeber seeing a set when i was searching and they wanted $2200!! possibly the same set

LEG_IT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S Black Manual
Yeah they were off ebay and asking 1800 for them but offered 1500 and said 1600 landed.
I thought it was steep and i think i will join up evolutionoz.net.
Thanks for the help guys but yeah i'll give it a miss.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
yea righ on mate, i paid $800 for my evo 8 brembos. Keep an eye out on evo oz, the right pair will come up, its all about patience ;)

Top Bottom