Data Loggers (EvoScan, Mitsulogger, DataLogLab)

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Yes, that seems to have broken since 2.3 I think. The error codes it used to read off for me were bogus anyway - you're better to just count the flashing dash lights.

cheers

Lee

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hey fellas, i've just acquired a datalogger..

it is this one.. clicky here

I've read somewhere in CVR4 that the OBD II compliant dataloggers can be used on our cars but will need to connect pin 1 and 4 together? is that correct?!

i dont wanna mess anything up in my car at the moment so any suggestions or advices are welcome..

also if this thing doesn't work.. should i just get the evoscan?

some of you might be thinking why didn't i just go for the evoscan datalogger... well reason is.. I'd like to use this on other models too.. like mazda, nissan, toyota and others..

G

Unregistered
Yes basically the same as the cable I bought and yes connect pin 1 to 4 to earth it

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Peter, thanks for the reply.. i just had a 'thorough' look at both connecter (datalogger adaptor & connector) and seems like both of them doesn't have pin on pin 1?!?

im confused now.. how is it suppose to ground when there's no pins there in the beginning?!

G

Unregistered
The one I have has a pin but a few of the earlier cables that were bought didn't and something similar to a paper clip was used instead or you can go to an electronics supplier and purchase a pin to fit

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Peter.. again thanks for replying.. i had another look at the connector and the datalogger itself.. I got it sorted out.. so yah.. I'M A NOOB!! I was looking at the other side pin, which I think were pin5 & 8

also out of curiosity to guys who tune their own car.. (would be obvious that you have an aftermarket ecu or piggyback)

would you use evoscan to (software and hardware) tune your car? like SAFC 2?!?!

G

Unregistered
I use evoscan and an Innovate LM1 together to log for tuning my safc

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
fellas, i've just ordered evoscan software and cable..

does anyone know if the ayc and abs support actually does work?!

im particularly interested to see if this can actually control/operate the ayc pump and clutch.. :)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Don't know if controls AYC, I haven't had a chance to try it... but I believe the UK guys haven't got it to work unfortunately.

Did you buy the genuine evoscan cable or the cheaper alternative as you had above? Be aware though, that there is actually 5 different protocols of OBDII and the cable that works specifically with the Mitsubishis wont work with a number of other manufacturers UNLESS its a universal controller, which costs generally upwards of $200....
I can't find the link now, but search OBD II and you'll see the 5 different protocols.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
I actually ordered the evoscan itself.. so hopefully it will work ?!

and i ordered the vag-com datalogger as well.. but doesn't seem to work.. or maybe just the software itself...

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
^If you mean you bought the cheap cable you had linked above, that is because you need to add the pin in location one, and solder it to pin 4. What this does is earth out pin 1 which puts the car in diagnostic mode, then evo-scan etc will work ;)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
^If you mean you bought the cheap cable you had linked above, that is because you need to add the pin in location one, and solder it to pin 4. What this does is earth out pin 1 which puts the car in diagnostic mode, then evo-scan etc will work ;)

i haven't done that soldering part, i'll do that tomorrow with the datalogger i got from ebay..

did mine the other night, piece of piss.

Hipsi, just wanna clear it up.. what did what?!

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I think he meant adding the pin and soldering it to Pin 4. Are you a financial member of CVR4 Christian? there is a how to in the members area.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
LOL- translation: I amended the connections on my cable. it was remarkably simple

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
nope i'm a non-paying member.. if that's what you mean..

also i do get soldering the pin 1 with pin 4.. but does it also work with the ayc computer?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Can't say for certain with the AYC computer unfortunately... MAY try it on the weekend but doubt I'll have time.

Top Bottom