G

Unregistered
well after my trans went into limp mode and stayed in 3rd on my way home from a cruise...i got home, let it cooled down and then took it for a drive and it now changes normally.

however i checked my error codes and it has come up with the following two errors:

AYC light - Code 12 - voltage power supply (supply valve) system (short or break)

Transmission (neutral light...N) - Code 44 - complete 4-speed variable speed

The AYC seems to work fine and all 3 bars light up and matches with the corner im going around so not sure what that error couldd be relaying.

Now, the trans code im a little worried about as it was only rebuilt less than 4,000kms ago.

Oh and also the ABS, Engine, TCL and the little skid light flash constantly without any pauses. Is that normal?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
AYC 12 could have been a result of car sitting for 2+ months - loss of voltage over that time (if the batter volts went too low). Now you've reset and its gone away Id say nothing to worry about.

As for 44 on the trans - No idea at the moment. I'll go through the Japanese manual at work tomorrow and see if I can come up with anything for ya ;)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
My guess if it has gone into 3rd and stayed there is that you've got low oil or the oil has overheated. Do you know what type of oil they put into it, and do you have an oil cooler?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Pretty sure Steve specified they fill the trans with SPIII When the rebuilt it (remember this is a rebuilt box of only ~4000km now). Car had been driven for approx 3 hours, some spirited but not thrashing like at a track. Box may have been warm, but not hot.
Trans cooler has been bought, but not yet fitted.
Steve will be doing that this coming weekend I believe ;)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
ok, info from the manual on code 44:

Error:
After the four-speed gearshift, the output shaft speed sensor output value is put at the four-speed transmission gear ratio
If the code does not match the power output shaft speed sensor No.44 is output.
No.44 code if the output is four times three fixed speed, N the lamp in the range 1Hz
Flashes
Estimated Cause:
Input shaft speed sensor failure
Output shaft speed sensor failure
UD bad KURATCHIRITENA
Bad DAIREKUTOPURANETARIKYARIA <5A / T>
UD defective clutch system <5A / T>
DIR defective clutch system <5A / T>
Noise​

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
and the path to solution:
MUT-II DAIAGUNOSHISUKODO
No.22 what code is output​

NO

MUT-II DAIAGUNOSHISUKODO
No.23 what code is output

NO

Input shaft speed sensor output waveform measurements (using scope)
B-88 of the input shaft speed sensor connector切離SHI between 1-2
Measure the voltage
Engine: 2000 r / min (about 50 km / h)
SEREKUTAREBA position: D (3 speed)
(Voltage)
OK: P.23-45 (Guidelines for inspection scope), such as waveform
The output, that you have more than 1.0 V amplitude
Noise that is not in the output waveform​

Bit hard to do without oscilloscope :(

From here gets complicated, SO keep an eye on it, if it shows again I'll translate the whole page for you

G

Unregistered
thats confused the heck out of me (lol go the japlish) but doesnt sound good!

i requested they use SPIII fluid, and im hoping they did! no oil cooler fitted yet but i have one (been on holiday).

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Basically its hinting that speed sensors for the input and output of the box may be on the blink - So keep an eye on it to see if it does it again. If it does, then will need further investigation to sensor outputs etc ;)

G

Unregistered
would that be part of the warranty job on the trans or a seperate issue? if seperate, does the box need to come out to replace/fix them? god i hope not :(

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I have been getting a whirring noise from the rear end of the car recently so did a Diagnostics check. Can someone confirm what i have listed below?

What i think...

ENGINE
22 Crank Angle Sensor System

ABS
21 Wheel-Speed Sensor (FR) System

AYC
12 voltage power supply (supply valve) system (short or break)
41 TPS system (short or break)

G

Unregistered
Engine Codes
1A No.1 cylinder accidental fire detection
1B No.2 cylinder accidental fire detection
1C No.3 cylinder accidental fire detection
1D No.4 cylinder accidental fire detection
1E No.5 cylinder accidental fire detection
1F No.6 cylinder accidental fire detection
2C Multicylinder accidental fire detection

So how do you get the Alphabet in flashing lights? Ie I got 1 Long and 11 Short.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Driving down the freeway today my ABS and AYC lights came on. I was able to get AYC off as normal (turn ignition off and back on) but ABS just keeps coming on and staying on. I checked the error codes and got the following:

ABS: 33
Engine: one long flash and TEN short. What does that mean?
AYC: 61 and 81

I still haven't replaced the AYC pressure switch - given these error codes, is this likely to be the problem?

Thoughts, suggestions & insight highly appreciated :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
ABS:33 is stop lamp switch system. At the top of the brake pedal there is a switch that activates when the brake is depressed, that switch may need adjusting or perhaps there is something else wrong in the circuit?

AYC:61 is the exact same problem as above

AYC:81 is the pump relay thing, which you already know is a problem, perhaps it is only the relay and not the pump?

Perhaps your engine fault is 1A, ie firing problem on cylinder one?

G

Unregistered

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Thanks Brock, I'd drawn that conclusion but wanted confirmation. I'm surprised I could have a misfire given I have new plugs and leads that have only done 9k... I'll do a reset and see if it comes up again.

Thanks for the insight Brad, you are indeed a scholar and a gentleman. Interestingly I took the three globes out of the eye-level stop lamp the other day 'cause they were all blown... I wonder if that could cause a resistance drop that's affecting the circuit? Anyway, I'll get a new stop lamp switch to start with and I've got replacement globes on their way and work from there.

Don't think the relay is causing the AYC failure - until today it only ever happened when I hit three bars, which is indicative of the pressure switch (as you suggested when I was first trying to work it out). Actually I might pick up a relay just to rule it out... ;)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Haha, if the three light removal caused the ABS light to come on you get my 'random warning light on dash fault of the year' award

G

Unregistered
Thanks for the good work Lee and others in compilig this list. Just tried mine out and got the following faults:

ABS: 13 and 14 rear wheel speed sensor short / break
AYC: 41 TPS system short or break

The ABS is self explanatory but can anyone tell me what the TPS system is? The AYC seems to work as it should with no warning lights and all three bars lighting up when required ;).

Any ideas appreciated

G

Unregistered
Thanks for that Brad, any recommendations about how to go about fixing it?

Top Bottom