1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
168kw - std facelift 98 galant vr4
standard? ..thats pretty darn high. nice job :)

Also, as for 'link' on the front page... how about the front page actually HAVE the list :p

mpce

Crunching Gears
First Name
Anthony
Drive
8th Generation 1996 Galant VR-4 Pre Facelift
I don't have a boost controller not sure where you got that info from. The only thing I have that’s not stock is the K & N panel filter.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Hey guys...just had a tune up at APC and I have pulled 161kw.....not to bad but a little lower than I would have liked...problem is I am not sure what more I can do.....apart from major stuff like turbo upgrades....maybe my car is just doomed to stay down at that level.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Still isn't that about a 30kw increase from a few weeks ago. Is that with the install and tune of the Miniceptor. How did it go. Did they have many probs and did it take long?

G

Unregistered
whats the highest kw

Hi guys.
So just wondering what to expect as there are no dyn's in kyrgyzstan.
I will be taking hold of the black manual very soon as I havnt paid it of yet as I havnt sold the auto yet.
I will be re doing the exhaust of the turbos as big as the flange will let me in full s/steel. I will run a 3" all the way from the front pipes all the way to twin 3" pipes. I will run a intercooler and 2 3/4" pipes for the cooler. A blitz EBC and a full air intake with sports filter and cold air box, with battery in boot.
My question is have cars made 200kw atw with out a piggy back or after market ecu?
Cheers guys.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
simple answer - not with the regular mods, no. perhaps with full dumps and EVERYTHING bolt on possible but i still very much doubt it, as one is needed if you start going more than the basics.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Adam you're really not going to get anywhere near that without upgraded engine management - the stock ECU overfuels, doesn't adjust timing well enough on the stock map and isn't programmable. You need to be able to adjust your fuel map and timing across the RPM range for your particular mod configuration which simply isn't possible without an upgraded ECU of some sort.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
What they said ^^^

Get an ecu to control it however and you'll be away laughing

G

Unregistered
facelift auto

121kw/ 161hp

stock as a rock. apart from 19in wheels and teins

: (

next time it will be 200+

: )

G

Unregistered
low-yes

why- nooo idea. graph looks pretty good, just doesnt go very high lol.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I wouldn't be too phased about the figure, what you want is a 20-30% increase in power on your starting point.

djb160

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Dale
Drive
Legnum VR4 "Grimace"
Nissan Leaf
Man you should see the vr4 project a local tuner is working on. Hopefully it's not far off finished. Jon doesn't think small. We will have a new leader on the board. If the internals survive that is. I wonder what Valmes does?

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
facelift auto

121kw/ 161hp

stock as a rock. apart from 19in wheels and teins

: (

next time it will be 200+

: )

Hmmm does seem a little low for a S2 Leggie but it is an auto...mine is a series 1 auto and putting out 161kw..with changes....I am not sure with a S1 auto if I would be able to get up to 200kw without some MAJOR changes. I would be interested to see ALL the stuff that has been done to the guys over 200kw as just changing the pipes, exhaust, intercooler does not appear that it would get you that much closer to 200kw. I am mainly talking Autos here which DO have a drop in ATWKW power due to the transfer case and with the S1 apparently having lower boost.

Top Bottom