lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
Yeah on the website it's suggested that hood pins are used. We may have a day in the near future with several Legnums filling a driveway in Melbourne installing hood pins lol
@Pal109 want a new bonnet? LOL

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
If I'm in the area I'll pay them a face to face visit...

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
The website doesn't mention any EC5A/W support just E38 etc for Galant despite year model saying 99-03.

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
The website doesn't mention any EC5A/W support just E38 etc for Galant despite year model saying 99-03.
Ahhhh..... Is the hood shape totally different between the 2 versions?

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
So I just called Maximum Motorsport in WA who are the distributors for Seibon Carbon products in Australia.
I'll be corresponding with them via email in regards to exactly which model Galant these suit.
They don't stock any of these on the shelf.
What happens is we confirm the fitment of the particular hood with our EC5 chassis and once we are happy with that, they will put in an order to freight these over from the US (4-6 weeks). 50% deposit is required when the order is placed.
I also asked about shipping to Melbourne and he gave me a rough figure of $150 (Perth to Melbourne).
There may be the option of ordering another style hood than what they have listed on their website, it all depends on what the US warehouse has in stock. Hopefully we are able to order a monster hood through them.
When I hear more info, I'll update you guys in this thread :)

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)

EA3A, EA8A ... If they have a sample locally I could test fit it to help everyone out, but doesn't sound like it?

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
EA3A, EA8A ... If they have a sample locally I could test fit it to help everyone out, but doesn't sound like it?
Nah they don't keep any in stock.
If you get a chance, would you be able to pop in with your VR4 and show them the front end. Maybe that will help determine if it will fit?

aiwasaki

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Azan
Drive
S2 Legnum VR4
So I just called Maximum Motorsport in WA who are the distributors for Seibon Carbon products in Australia.
I'll be corresponding with them via email in regards to exactly which model Galant these suit.
They don't stock any of these on the shelf.
What happens is we confirm the fitment of the particular hood with our EC5 chassis and once we are happy with that, they will put in an order to freight these over from the US (4-6 weeks). 50% deposit is required when the order is placed.
I also asked about shipping to Melbourne and he gave me a rough figure of $150 (Perth to Melbourne).
There may be the option of ordering another style hood than what they have listed on their website, it all depends on what the US warehouse has in stock. Hopefully we are able to order a monster hood through them.
When I hear more info, I'll update you guys in this thread :)

Thanks for following up. May almost be able to afford a Monster hood now :)

$1200 (or thereabouts) is a bit more reasonable that $2k+

71GGS

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Aleks
Drive
EC5A
Yeah, i have a red evo one sleeping next to my bed haha But due to needing a bottom end rebuild, i havent bothered fitting it in yet and painting it

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
Anyone else in qld keen??

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
@Pal109 @NuffNuff @RicKii``
I've confirmed that a EA8A bonnet will fit our EC5W. I have checked this by searching the Mitsubishi part number on multiple websites.
I'm still going to be in contact with Seibon Carbon to see if there is any chance they can get the Monster style (I know that's what you're after Ricki).
If they can't, I think I'd be happy to go with the Evo style.
Once I've spoken to them this week I'll let you guys know what they say.
Paul and Damien, would you be happy with Evo style?

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
I think I'd prefer monster, if I had to I'd be happy with an evo tho

What do bonnet pins cost these days?

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
I wish to have money on hood like this ;) EVO is better for me but it shouldnt have small "hole" on left hand side? And also those air vents on center are actual holes in the bonnet or just imitation?

Oh and btw you need to cut holes for pins by yourself?

Top Bottom