Status
Not open for further replies.

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
Upon buying my new VR4, I got a hi-vis dash in the deal. The original dash has a blown light in the speedo.

Not knowing too much on the 2 dashes (as the only dashes I have replaced are Commodores) are they interchangeable?

I really don't want to pull it apart and find out that I cant. So any information would be very much appreciated.

Cheers guys.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
It's an easy removal job anyway man,

3 screws on top, disconnect the ddimmer maybe 4 screws holding the dash in. Simple as.
just replace the bulb?(some of the bulbs are replaceable)

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
I did find the bulbs needed aswell but the hi-vis dash is much better.

Thanks Josh :p

The odometer is only a few k's off I have been told, if its too far out I won't be changing it over.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Could someone post some pics comparing hi-vis with the other type? I've never known the difference.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
A hi-vis dash lights up when you put the key on acc or start the car up regardless if the headlights are on or not. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
With modification the clusters are interchangable...

You need to bridge two pins on ther plug or connector to provide a second 12v feed for illumination etc.

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
I find that the hi-vis is easier to read.

Might have to source a wiring diagram and do a write up.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
Search for the info, its in several posts both here and on CVR4

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
I have my dance card full today, which I wasn't planning on, but I think this Friday afternoon ill be tackling this. But ill have a look and get it done and hope that those are the only wire's to modify.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
I have a high vis dash and I always find I forget to turn my lights on at night as I'm used to assuming dash light on= head light on.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
I've done this mod twice and it's only those wires unless you have some exotic/strange dash.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
I have a high vis dash and I always find I forget to turn my lights on at night as I'm used to assuming dash light on= head light on.

hahaha i do this all the time, then i think damn I'm one of those guys.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Bit off topic, but while we are talking about the hi vis dash... the ilumination on my speedo and tachometer needles works intermittently, sometimes on and sometimes not, I sometimes notice it change while I am driving for no apparent reason. The rest of my hi vis dash works fine, its just those 2 needles. Anyone know if it would be something easy to fix?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
There's a guide on here (or CVR4?) that shows how to change the needle LED's to a different colour, couldn't be that hard as long as you can solder.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Chris, does it happen at the same time or at any certain position of the needle?

marksanne

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Mark
Drive
1999 8G VR2 Galant & 1996 8G VR4 Galant
There's a guide on here (or CVR4?) that shows how to change the needle LED's to a different colour, couldn't be that hard as long as you can solder.

Needle is not illuminated by LED, and it's color is determined simply by the underside of the transparant plastic from the needle. Scrape off the red and give it any color you want with a bit of paint and you're done. No soldering involved. It's simply a matter of taking off the needles and repaint that underside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom