Not open for further replies.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
according to the ASA only 8th gen legnum/galants (not restricted to vr4s) share the condenser part number.

doesn't mean that various other ones couldn't work/fit.. could just be a simple difference like a bracket in a different spot or something that is changing the part number..
Thanks!

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Hey guys, just checked my diagnostic codes for the 1st time since resetting the ecu, all of the codes have gone away except for one:

AYC: 31 Steer Sensor (ST-1, ST-2, ST-N) System (break)

Can anyone give me some advice on how to tackle that one?

Thanks

Skippy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stuart
Drive
'96 PFL Galant VR-4
I've realised I haven't done spark plugs yet on the galant, plan to buy some so that's not an issue.
Question is, Do the galants have a narrow section in the tube requiring the special spark plug tool, or can you just use regular sockets? (In reference, the 6A12M has a section which is too narrow for a socket.)

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
I've realised I haven't done spark plugs yet on the galant, plan to buy some so that's not an issue.
Question is, Do the galants have a narrow section in the tube requiring the special spark plug tool, or can you just use regular sockets? (In reference, the 6A12M has a section which is too narrow for a socket.)
You need a 5/8" Spark Plug socket, as the tube on most of the modern cars is too narrow for normal sockets.

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
Just replaced my bov with an EVO8 mr one and the small hose that connects to the top barely reached and is slightly kinked,

Will need to replace it with a longer hose but is there going to any issue with running it like that for a few days ?

Seems to run ok and its not totally closed off just would have a smaller diameter than normal.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
If anything the blow off valve won't operate as it won't see vacuum to open. Not a big problem may may also bleed boost back under load as its not seeing extra pressure to keep it closed.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Does anyone know where you can get an in-line holder for this type of fuse?
84489472_310x310.jpg

If not, would it be safe to replace it with a wafer type amplifier fuse, or are their dwell times too long? (Fuse is for ABS)

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Just replaced my bov with an EVO8 mr one and the small hose that connects to the top barely reached and is slightly kinked,

Will need to replace it with a longer hose but is there going to any issue with running it like that for a few days ?

Seems to run ok and its not totally closed off just would have a smaller diameter than normal.

When i replaced my gearbox i had a Evo8 BOV about 2 months ago, the mechanic must have broken the tube bit on the BOV, i also found that my tube line (vacuum line) was kinked (basically blocked) and drove it for about 2 weeks and was fine until i found the problem because at first a few vacuum were in the wrong place and was sorting them out as my car was not boosting.

With my car it drove fine but didn't go pass factory boost, but saying all that i heard its not healthy for the car and nothing happened with my car.

nathanp

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Nathan
Drive
Mitsubishi 380
Trying to track down some lowering springs for the Legnum.
MAKE: MITSUBISHIMODEL: Galant EC Series Wagon VR4 4WDYEAR: 1996>
FRONTS-LOW: KCFL-60LOW: KCFL-65STD:RAISED:
REARS-LOW:LOW: KARL-11-SLSTD + :RAISED:
NOTES I found this info for King Springs. Can anyone confirm if this is correct part numbers to suit the Legnum.

G

Unregistered
Trying to track down some lowering springs for the Legnum.
MAKE: MITSUBISHIMODEL: Galant EC Series Wagon VR4 4WDYEAR: 1996>
FRONTS-LOW: KCFL-60LOW: KCFL-65STD:RAISED:
REARS-LOW:LOW: KARL-11-SLSTD + :RAISED:
NOTES I found this info for King Springs. Can anyone confirm if this is correct part numbers to suit the Legnum.

Can find better brands than King Springs online for a good price. A quick look on Ebay found these.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SKR42-S1...hicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d46882194&_uhb=1

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I have kings in the front of my car and they are a little bit firmer than stock springs. But yes I am sure tiens would be much better.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
What are the dimensions of the engine mount bushings on these cars?
My mechanic reckons you can pick them up from the local rubber bushing supply shop if you just know what size they are, so I am humoring him out of curiosity.

Thanks

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Many places would be able to manufacture polymer/urethane bushes to our dimensions but at what cost and standard. It would be interesting to know what duro and price he does quote you!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
yes and no. The do fit in place of our headlights but there is a gap where they meet the grill possibly 10mm in size

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
What are the dimensions of the engine mount bushings on these cars?
My mechanic reckons you can pick them up from the local rubber bushing supply shop if you just know what size they are, so I am humoring him out of curiosity.

Thanks

Or you could just buy them from um... Me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom