[QLD] Dyno Day - July 19

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Taraska, quick answer.. NO..

Lee thanks for organizing this event.. also thanks to APC for the friendly advice and free dyno run :)

Benny, are you happy with your result now? :)

fellas.. nice meeting you all.. specially to the sunny coast crew... a long drive for you guys but you all made the effort in participating from today's event..

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. The Victorian crew really needs to get their act together and do something like this (I know Gooch organised one a while ago with the EVO guys but I think only two VR4s showed up?)...

G

Unregistered
Quite happy at least i know its not broken, just needs to go back and get re-tuned again. Aiming at destroying everyone next time ;):wanker: I am officially throwing down the gauntlet.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I'll post up a table of 'official results' eventually, I'm just writing something up for HPI at the moment.

Any one got a photo of graph for that Evo? Was it 334kw at the wheels?

cheers

Lee

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
yer here you go it was 378kw
2004_1006nov070113.jpg

2004_1006nov070114.jpg

ive got a few photos of the evo as well if u want some,and a video of it on the dyno

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
That evo graph is strange. It ramps up very quickly early on especially as it appears to be in 4th gear, then levels out and spikes again quite late on. Thats not normal!

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I don't think he was on 100% throttle through that middle section??

It's a circuit car with aftermarket everything, definitely not "normal" :)

G

Unregistered
Thems fighting words Christian, bring it on. Could it be a battle, single vs twin???

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Ben I'm with Brad, your car looks fantastic, I especially like the look of those rims on your car
icon14.gif

I don't normally read the east coast section but wanted to check this out - great work all who attended, and kudos to Lee for organising it for you all. It'd be great to eventually have something like this over here.

Oh and of course big congrats to Monty for that excellent result!

G

Unregistered
That evo graph is strange. It ramps up very quickly early on especially as it appears to be in 4th gear, then levels out and spikes again quite late on. Thats not normal!

Hey guys, I'm the owner of the Evo.

We have been having spark issues with the new engine combination in the car when it hits peak torque.

We were installing a new ignition setup including a Motec CDI & new coils but they had not arrived by your dyno day.

Therefore the car was still missing on high boost levels when the car reached peak torque (around 4000 to 4500 rpm). To counteract this, the boost was dropped to a lower level whilst the car reached peak torque and then was increased back up to the higher setting (26psi). Hence you can see the eggagerated hump when the boost was increased.

I'll be heading out to the FF Jamboree next month & should crack a 10 second pass all going well. Come over & say hi, I'll be in the Castrol tent with the APC boys.

Cheers Cam

G

Unregistered
Love your car Cam it was my pic out of the cars they had there.

Top Bottom