Replacement bulbs/globes (headlights, tail lights & everything in-between)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Taraska, here's a link for you...

click here

just keep in mind that the guide is for a left hand drive.. so do the opposite...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
hey Trev, what color light bulbs did you get for your stop lights? white or red?

mind if you take a photo of the light during night and day?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
hey Trev, what color light bulbs did you get for your stop lights? white or red?
Red. Doesn't make much difference, but if you use white and there's any bleed-through into your indicators it will light them up, but red light won't as it won't transmit through the amber filter. If I remember correctly the guy I bought them off only had red in the correct bulb type anyway (as you need two separate circuits for tail and stop lamps).

mind if you take a photo of the light during night and day?
Sorry no-can-do atm Chris - car is in pieces with it's ass against the wall of my garage and the battery is currently in another car ;)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
yes they are...

JDM uses 1 piece dual headlights..

EUDM uses 2 pieces dual headlights - indicators separated..

G

Unregistered
I think ADRs mention you can only have six mounted forward for road use. So that's two low beams (with parkers mounted inside), two high beams and two fog lights.
funny you say that about them cutting the turning lamps out over there.

when the BA fairmont ghia came out the dumb ass autralians who designed the bloody things put too many lights in the front of them and we had to do a recall on them - changing the wiring loom and making them only come on when the indcaters were on to comply with oz/nz stds.

you would think that a massive company like ford would know there own countrys rules?!?!

Yea um what about the new Holden HSV R8 clubsport, they all have dual spot lights?

2008SydneyMotorShow073.jpg

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
I fitted the Osram Nightbreakers to dipped beam and they only lasted 10 months both blow ant the same time, i'v now gone for the Halfords own brand and i'll see how they last.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Bumping old topic.

Does anyone know what bulbs the auto gearbox selector uses? (e.g. the side of the stick shift with "N" "D" "R")

is this a T10? same as the centre console's bulbs?

Cheers in advance! I'm buying some H3's for the fog lights...and they come with the pack of T10 LED's so I was hopeing they will fit here.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
You can't take them out and have a look?

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
You can't take them out and have a look?

I'm not currently staying @ home; we are house sitting... so I don't have my tools; was just hoping someone had done it; or knew it already... never mind; I'll pull it apart this w/e

Thanks anyway!

G

Unregistered
h7's +80% are good . but they are jsut for headlights . never taken off the auto shifter to see the globes so cant help you there .
and a quick Q,
is it truu that if i have my headlights on and my fog/drive lights i can get fined for it?

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Not in South Australia you can't.
I think you can only get fined if they are the yellow fog lights, not clear driving lights

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
To my knowledge in QLD; if they come factory and switch on with the headlights they cannot book you for them. However if you get a wise cop who knows our cars; he will know there is a foglight switch and then he could be creative and possibly book you. For example: My g/f's N15 SSS pulsar didn't come with the jap version fog lights; So I fitted them and wired them up to the headlights as per factory spec. The car had to go through a random QLD roads inspection and they passed it with no hesitation as it was a "standard accessory".

So unless you have a cop with an attitude I would assume you would be fairly safe.

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Not in South Australia you can't.
I think you can only get fined if they are the yellow fog lights, not clear driving lights
No, they're defined as fog/driving lights in the LOWER bumper regardless of colour (seeing as nearly no cars come from factory with yellow fog globes), and the rules in SA were recently changed to mirror the rest of the country so that if you're using foglights in clear conditions, you can be fined about $140.

Top Bottom