Service Intervals, Parts, and Brands

G

Unregistered
No i'm not sure, that is why i got Techsports to change every thing once i got the car on the road.

I think any one who gets an auto should get that changes no matter what, Oil is a lot cheaper then a new Tranny or Diff

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I used to watercool my systems, but my Core 2 Duo's and the Quad are a lot cooler than what Pentium D's used to be, so I'm back on air cooling now :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Oh I noticed Naughtika used the larger of the engine oil filters. Wont you get a higher oil pressure if you use a smaller one ????

On cvr4 we've started to notice that the larger filters tend to fix the ticking noise a bit better than the smaller ones.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I used to watercool my systems, but my Core 2 Duo's and the Quad are a lot cooler than what Pentium D's used to be, so I'm back on air cooling now :)
To be honest, after custom mods, complete scratch builds and a whole lot of tinkering, these days I think there's a LOT to be said for just buying off-the-shelf components and air-cooled systems. Easier to setup, cheaper and less to worry about... for 90% of the performance anyway!

Ok, unless you go for phase change, but seriously, who's got $1000+ to throw at keeping a computer cool???! :rolleyes: And its ANYTHING but hassle-free...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Regarding rebuilding an engine from scratch (post subsequently deleted), it's cheaper to just buy another engine! You can normally get them on trademe for $500-700

G

Unregistered
why are the friggan plugs so hard to get too damm it

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
It could be worse (ever seen a GTO engine bay?), but to answer your question the engine was designed to fit in the engine bay, provide AWD, have turbos strapped to it and be bigger than a straight 4. Think of it like this - you can have high performance and a large feature set, it can be light and fit in something roughly car-sized (as opposed to a truck) or it can be easy to work on. But you can only have two. Mitsi picked the correct two IMO, but yes the drawback is its not the easiest engine to work on.

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
Has anyone had a standard service throught Carmenimports or Neil? I've been quoted between $200-$270 for a general service any ideas what that includes or excludes ?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I reckon that would include just oil & filter and a general "check over"

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Has anyone had a standard service throught Carmenimports or Neil? I've been quoted between $200-$270 for a general service any ideas what that includes or excludes ?

VR4Rocket had his car serviced at Carmen Imports.. pm him about the service quality..

VR4Psych and Brocky-X had their cars serviced at Neil, so far all i've heard are good comments about Neil Lowe..

G

Unregistered
major / 100k Service

I have had a look around and cant seem to find a one-post on what is needed to do on a major service/fresh import.
This is what i have gathered so far for

what needs to be done
what parts and
what fits a Legnum.

I have done a list and would be great if anyone can help complete it:oops:

engine oil- 5/30 or 10/40 synthetic
engine oil filter - Z142 (bigger)
Air-
Fuel-
Gearbox oil (Man.)-
transfer case-
Diffs-
AYC- amsoil ATF or
o2 sensor- off a?
brake fluid- ATE blue or Motul racing 600
waterpump & gskts- off a ?
Cam belt/s-
tensioner-
Normal belts-
tensioner-
clutch & psse plate- off a?

ANYONE DO A KIT?!!
thanks heaps in advance:D

And cant wait to get it!!

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
that tapping noise that people are talking about is it the lifters or the tappets can they cause an potential damage to our cars if they are lifters are they hydrollic i have the same ticking noise on my car and contemplating on getting it fixed and have narrowed it down to tappets or lifters reason y i ask if they are hydrolic is because if so they have to be replaced if not they can just be adjusted has anyone replaced theres if so how much did it set them back cheers

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
I have had a look around and cant seem to find a one-post on what is needed to do on a major service/fresh import.
This is what i have gathered so far for

what needs to be done
what parts and
what fits a Legnum.

I have done a list and would be great if anyone can help complete it:oops:

engine oil- 5/30 or 10/40 synthetic
engine oil filter - Z142 (bigger)
Air-
Fuel-
Gearbox oil (Man.)-
transfer case-
Diffs-
AYC- amsoil ATF or
o2 sensor- off a?
brake fluid- ATE blue or Motul racing 600
waterpump & gskts- off a ?
Cam belt/s-
tensioner-
Normal belts-
tensioner-
clutch & psse plate- off a?

ANYONE DO A KIT?!!
thanks heaps in advance:D

And cant wait to get it!!

Eric.

You mustn't have searched very hard because the title of the following thread is "Cyber_scriber's guide to your first service after compliance":

http://www.ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5913&highlight=cyber

All of the required parts, specs etc are in that thread. If you find the thread helpful, make sure you leave some rep ;)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
There is also an Excel spreadsheet compiled by Ozvr4 users which lists parts numbers etc for majors services too.

Gimme some rep ! ;)

G

Unregistered
Thanks to cyber scriber & bradc, :blush:
Feeling a bit sheepish!!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
that tapping noise that people are talking about is it the lifters or the tappets can they cause an potential damage to our cars if they are lifters are they hydrollic i have the same ticking noise on my car and contemplating on getting it fixed and have narrowed it down to tappets or lifters reason y i ask if they are hydrolic is because if so they have to be replaced if not they can just be adjusted has anyone replaced theres if so how much did it set them back cheers
Mate do you speak like that in real life? If so having a conversation with you would be damn annoying...

There's quite a bit of info already available on lifters, do a search and all will be revealed.

Top Bottom