Single turbo conversion

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
sounds/looks awesome! lookin forward to a dyno vid and some drving vids. auto too i noticed

VR-4Fan

Crunching Gears
First Name
Ilya
Drive
MMC Galant VR-4 1997 Type S
Thanx guys. The high pitch pinging sound are from the empty hydraulic lifters, this is the first startup, so the lifters are empty and full of air. The video of dyno run and the road trip will be soon I hope ;)

The ECU is stock.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Good work another single conversion done.

Has it been explained elsewhere? What sort of turbo did you fit?

Having looked at the 2.5lt chasers I am thinking why hasn't anyone fitted a GT30r to our engines??

Looking forward to seeing the dyno run and also the boost logs.

snitz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
Toyota Cressida,GK Scorpion,VP Calais..2000 Legnum type S and a Rota project in the shed.
What size exhaust housing is on your gt35r?...A 0.82 or a 1.06?..

G

Unregistered
Thanx guys. The high pitch pinging sound are from the empty hydraulic lifters, this is the first startup, so the lifters are empty and full of air. The video of dyno run and the road trip will be soon I hope ;)

The ECU is stock.

still curious how do you run the engine without a help of piggyback or stand alone?

Can u share the secrets? ;)

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Flashable ecu. The ecu can handle map sensors, just not sure if it can handle larger injectors but probably can.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Flashable ecu. The ecu can handle map sensors, just not sure if it can handle larger injectors but probably can.

from what I've been reading in CVR4, few people there have used EVO injectors (low impedance) and were using resistors for each injectors so they dont get burnt out..

also there are apparently 2 types of resistors out there.. 1 is a total waste which doesn't last long... and the other is incased within a 'heatsink' kinda looking box..

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
What size is the GT35 on his? Seems to be a lack of details but 292kw atw sound awesome though. Like I said before I think a GT30R with a smallish rear housing would suit the 6A13 perfect.

I got a GT35R with .82 rear going on my supra, it suits the 2jz well, most achieve full boost by 3500rpm and make on average 350kw atw, some use the 1.06 rear and make a bit more power but loose spool. Either way if you crank up the boost to 24psi you can make stupid power with those turbos.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Don't worry Madhav, I'll chuck in a GT30R one day ;)

djb160

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Dale
Drive
Legnum VR4 "Grimace"
Nissan Leaf
Not sure of the details on the turbo. Boost is rather laggy but super linear. I only got a ride when it was at about 240ish kwts (approx 7psi AFAIK) though.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I wonder how much torque Tyler on CVR4 lost with the style of inlet manifold. Short runner usually favours high RPM power, destroys bottom and mid range.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
its an expression we use, just means "completely" ie: "your internals are completely stock right?"

Top Bottom