sub install

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
I don't believe it's a defect, given that you can buy quite a number of usually European cars that have no spare and only goop in a can.

What it will be though is a major pain the butt if you're out on a long distance drive and you get a flat.

Just pray that you've got a good relationship with the folks when they get the call at midnight saying "Hey dad, can you go to the garage, pick up the spare lying there and drive 3 hours and drop it off to me?".

Maybe a solution is to buy one of those non-metal wheel covers and find a way to secure it to the back of the car when you go long distance. Last thing you would want is a spare tyre flying around the cabin if you get it wrong!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Spare is irrelevant. If you have epic wheels you couldn't put one on without chewing the guts out of your driveline anyway haha

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
I generally only drive locally. And if i go on a long drive id just put the spare in the back. Plus i have racv road side assistance. My spare is the same size
As the wheels fitted so does this mean my driveline will be safe?

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Does the cover vibrate fairly badly? I would have thought the full cover would make it sound wrong?

Great idea though!

BCX

Administrator
Premium Member
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Evo X doesnt come with a spare tyre unless you get the kit to fit it on the boot.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Spare is irrelevant. If you have epic wheels you couldn't put one on without chewing the guts out of your driveline anyway haha

just to back this up, i got a flat and put on the spare could only do max of 40km/h when i limped down to the tyre joint. spaces saver + 18x8.5 ftl

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
it sounds fine with the lid down (although i havnt had it turned all the way up with the lid closed as it scared the subs might hit the lid....i need to find the excursion of my subs then it will be sweet) otherwise i just fold back the cover as per the pics and crank it :D

Top Bottom