turbos to afm piping

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
hi fellas just finished degreasing my engine and was looking at the piping comming from the turbos to the afm. the rear one is ok but the front one is skinny piping not round at all the the afm would it be worth doing a little mod just to the front one to make it round like some 2 inch pipe from the turbo. or shold i say has anyone done it?

just a thought!! any imput would be great!!!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The front one is quite bad and you can get reasonable gains by changing the pipework.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
It will increase power yes, but will probably cost quite a bit of money to do.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
if you bought the pro shop iida kit isnt it something crazy like $1500?

G

Unregistered
The pro shop kit doesn't replace those pipes. I think PROSS are the only company who have made an aftermarket SS pipe and it is very expensive and only available secondhand now. Last one I saw on Yahoo sold for over 88k yen

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i think it can be done.. but will be very tricky.. also finding a 1.5" silicon joiner might be hard since most of the ones i saw have a minimum of 1.75"

gonna have a crack at this in 2 weeks time..

Brad do u mind showing me a pic on how you did your front one cause im more worried about the pipe hitting/touching the radiator hose..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I don't have a MAF though, mine goes straight up to the air filter where the battery used to be.

1241858761.jpg

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
brad to u get much induction noise! do u think u would get much gains with hard piping to the air box and a kn pannal filter?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Yeah I get a lot of induction noise, it sounds awesome.

If you replace all the pipes with aluminium plus an airbox with a panel filter then you will indeed get reasonable gains.

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
the back one is not too bad just the front i think i do this what silicone hose adptor should i use to join to the turbo? and what is maf? noob!

G

Unregistered
i think it can be done.. but will be very tricky.. also finding a 1.5" silicon joiner might be hard since most of the ones i saw have a minimum of 1.75"

gonna have a crack at this in 2 weeks time..

Brad do u mind showing me a pic on how you did your front one cause im more worried about the pipe hitting/touching the radiator hose..

the turbo intake is 45mm, 1.75 inches :)

i have a couple of 1.75" to 2.5" silicone joiners here for when/if i do mine

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
anyone got any other pics of there piping setups? as i am keen to start this mod!!! thanks gly in ur appion do u think its worth doing and how hard of a mod is it do u think

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Brad and Gly.. once again, you fellas have opened up another idea..

i'll see if i come up with a proper intake kit :)

Adam, wanna do a barter?

G

Unregistered
anyone got any other pics of there piping setups? as i am keen to start this mod!!! thanks gly in ur appion do u think its worth doing and how hard of a mod is it do u think

pipe layout will be a bitch espcially if your working around the stock piping and still need to come up behind the AFM.

it would be much simpler if you have no afm (ie full ecu or map-ecu piggy back)
(then you can do what ever you like, something like brads??)

shamless plug >>>> http://www.ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5910

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
what is the cheapist ecu or piggy back to remove the afm (and easyist to install) or plug n play

Top Bottom