me too?

shizen boy, u need 9.5 + 25ish up front and 11 +30ish out back

kymbo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kym
Drive
98 Galant, S14A 200SX, GC Galant
Hey just a question. I’ve noticed that most of your offset guides have been to do with VR4’s with the flares. As mine does not should I be looking at something with a bit higher offset. Also I’ve noticed that you say a 8” wide rim should have an offset of around +35 for flush. In the rims I’ve been looking at I can either get an 8” +35 or an 8.5” +35 / +45. now a 8.5” +35 will stick out and in an extra 6mm over the 8” but as I don’t have the flares would it be more desirable for me to get a 8.5” +45 and have them sit in 4mm more than the 8” +35. Also if I did this do you think I’d have inner clearance issues. With stock I seem to have around 40mm internal clearance and this would only bring it in around 21mm. The only reason I’m questioning such a high offset is because I test fitted a friends set of skyline rims 8” +30 and they seemed to sit out around 20mm out from the guards. However my car isn’t lowered, but will it really bring the wheel in around 20mm

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Kym if you are intending to lower the car, with the increased camber, 8.5" +35 would be a nice fit ;) However, if you aren't going to lower the car, 8"+35 is probably the best fit as long as you run a 225 tyre

G

Unregistered
way too weak for a 33. should be going 9's and 10's, especially if ordering some from japan. otherwise if u really want a 8/9 combo, go at least a +30 offset front and rear. or closer to +20 if u can.

How much are they direct from Japland? They are $190 each in that size from ebay queensland seller. This is the exact tyre i will be looking at replacing my RE01R's with when they are worn out as they cost a fortune to replace.

kymbo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kym
Drive
98 Galant, S14A 200SX, GC Galant
Kym if you are intending to lower the car, with the increased camber, 8.5" +35 would be a nice fit ;) However, if you aren't going to lower the car, 8"+35 is probably the best fit as long as you run a 225 tyre

it will be lowered so i guess i'll just go the 8.5" +35
cheers

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
8.5 +35 will sit 3mm further in than this.

100_1727-1.jpg

I can't believe we're still having this debate.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Hey just a question. I’ve noticed that most of your offset guides have been to do with VR4’s with the flares. As mine does not should I be looking at something with a bit higher offset. Also I’ve noticed that you say a 8” wide rim should have an offset of around +35 for flush. In the rims I’ve been looking at I can either get an 8” +35 or an 8.5” +35 / +45. now a 8.5” +35 will stick out and in an extra 6mm over the 8” but as I don’t have the flares would it be more desirable for me to get a 8.5” +45 and have them sit in 4mm more than the 8” +35. Also if I did this do you think I’d have inner clearance issues. With stock I seem to have around 40mm internal clearance and this would only bring it in around 21mm. The only reason I’m questioning such a high offset is because I test fitted a friends set of skyline rims 8” +30 and they seemed to sit out around 20mm out from the guards. However my car isn’t lowered, but will it really bring the wheel in around 20mm
from what i can see, the flares only add about 5mm to the guards, which on non flared guards, can be achieved by a guard roll and slight pull. so get rims that will will a face lift flare and just guard roll.

8.5 +35 would be minimum. dont get weaker specs than that.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
ill ad a note into the first post guys....zomgzor!!! thought it wasnt really hard, but people got a right to ask first dont they

EDIT, i added to the first post again, MS-paint ftw

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Guys, they are for the VR4. I should change my "Drive" to get rid of the 33 as I sold it.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
i assumed 33 coz u were getting staggered wheel specs.

btw how many wheel/tyre/offset threads are there now. any chance we could just have one?

Zild

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
I've spotted these on trademe and I love the look of them..
I've read over this thread but still cannot grasp how these will go on a facelift....

17 x 7 inch
5 X 114.3 stub pattern
Offset 45

98276746.jpg

Is the offset too high?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
20mm spacer and you will getting close to good fitment

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
they will look shocking. like said, offset is terrible. but they are just too narrow to run a decent sized tyre.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Because, the maximum "LEGAL" wheel width in NSW is 7.5" for a Galant/Legnum, why do you guys advocate wheel widths/diameters that are illegal to new members?? Without at least a warning of legality.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Because, the maximum "LEGAL" wheel width in NSW is 7.5" for a Galant/Legnum, why do you guys advocate wheel widths/diameters that are illegal to new members?? Without at least a warning of legality.

Half the stuff we do to our cars is illegal in YOUR state, so:p

Top Bottom