frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
Mark, so the spring can be tightened like on a type RS? thats the only thing that was putting me off the stealth fx is that i thought it would always vent, even if partial plumbed back if pressure wasnt enough to vent. The question i guess im asking is would i get some air going back into the turbos on light throttle if thats what i wanted?

Mrk_VR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1998 VR-4 Legnum
Its spring force is fully adjustable. It has around 11-12 screw turns of adjustment and different strength springs can be installed to acheive exactly what you want. Because the recirc port is lower on the cylinder of the BOV than the VTA port, the BOV always begins to recirculate air before it starts to VTA. So when you set it up correctly with the right spring force you can get it so that it only opens enough to recirc under light loads and not VTA. Under heavier loads when you work up some boost it will open enough to VTA, but assuming you have it set at 50/50 (recirc/VTA) it will always recirc more than it VTA's keeping our MAF very happy. It hasn't affected the smoothness of my engine at all or my fuel ecomony. I filled up last nigh and put 55.6L in after 452Km, which works out at 12.3L/100km, and that is 100% city driving from sutherland to lane cove in Sydney everyday day, and with me giving it a bit to.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
my fuel economy is generally just over 300km for 50 odd litres :p

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
I picked up an evo8 valve for $50 buks, much heavier spring... just look about on team4g or evolution oz guys are always parting them out as they do mods or upgrades to vta etc...

made a big difference on my car running @14psi... it pulls much harder in the upper rev range.

G

Unregistered
Was that the plastic or metal one? Either way its a Bargain! Good pick up :)

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
when i get all my hard piping im going to go back to recirc, and going to plumb it pretty close to the airbox / filter if possible (depending on MAF setup) cause i got a mate who has a pretty damn loud plumb back

Top Bottom