Danny

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
6A13TT A/T sedan 1998
Hi.

All started with choking at 5.000 rpm at wot like there was a rev limiter but on idle and 1st gear there was no problem. Then I went to the workshop, they have changed all the spark plugs and did a compression test - all cylinders were about 14 bar. When I drove back home, the car had no problem but the next day I have started and idle was about 100-200 rpm and the engine wasn't running on all cylinders.

There was a DTC 44 - Ignition Coil, Systematic Power Transistor Unit
-- (No.1 - No.4-cylinder) <DOHC>

And DTC TCL 75 - throttle position sensor. I have measured the mV on TPS and everything seems to be ok. (I had an issue with TPS earlier but the car was running without any problems)

I have swaped the coils between themselves but DTC didn't change. I have also checked + and - on the connector.

Then I have checked belt tensioner and timing belt and everything was on marks.

I don't know if it is related but what I have found is an oil in air intake manifold at cylinders 1 3 5.

I don't know what to check next I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20240823_120044.jpg

Last edited:

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
Good news on the fix, also don’t stress about the oily intake ports, if you look at the three clean ones from the other side they look the same.
I recently changed the plugs in mine and noticed the same thing.

IMG_0613.jpeg

Top Bottom