EOI- Group Buy Amsoil Products ( All States )

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Unregistered
Trevor.....I bought a RYCO Oil Filter from REPCO for $12. Maybe this could be a cheaper option for the filter. At least it could save you a few dollars.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
They are an expensive filter but they are at the same time, a very good filter. I might myself not worry bout the filter and yeah, just get a Z142A

G

Unregistered
RYCO is a well known brand, as you may already know, for the price and regular changes, I feel it is OK for the job. Besides that, dropping your oil and changing your filter every 5,000 clicks will always do your car good.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
The idea with amsoil is that you don't need to change every 5,000kms. Their oil and filter should be good for 10-20,000km+. I've never had my amsoil tested after use but it would be interesting to see what kind of condition it's in after 10,000kms of hot VR-4 engine use.

G

Unregistered
I am one to believe that any performance engine would benefit from an oil and filter change every 5,000 clicks.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
I am with Lee, why would you need to change every 5000 if you drive it normally?

What do you think of the prices Lee?

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Depends on the style of driving you do I think but 5000km seems a bit overkill. As long as quality synthetic oil is used there is no need to change that quick unless you are thrashing the crap out of your car. I recently changed my oil and filter after 10,000km and it was still looking fine and dandy :)
Where have you got in mind for the mech day Trev?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Out the back of my work up at Oxenford. Big flat concrete area with heaps of room, can use my offices facilites for toilets, water, fridge etc and there is no-one here on Saturdays or Sundays.

I am waiting for an email back from another Amsoil distributer for pricing. I just still think that the prices i have been quoted are a bit high.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
SAAAWWEETTT!
I can get some help putting in a HID kit! Maybe even an EBC....?? Anyone done one of these themselves? Christian?

Out the back of my work up at Oxenford. Big flat concrete area with heaps of room, can use my offices facilites for toilets, water, fridge etc and there is no-one here on Saturdays or Sundays.

I am waiting for an email back from another Amsoil distributer for pricing. I just still think that the prices i have been quoted are a bit high.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I am with Lee, why would you need to change every 5000 if you drive it normally?

What do you think of the prices Lee?

just because.. you'd rather be safe than sorry right? :)

and because of this...

I am one to believe that any performance engine would benefit from an oil and filter change every 5,000 clicks.

and lastly.. those damn lifters..

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Remembering Mitsi says in its manual that service interval is 10k.

I don't care personally how often people change their $100+ oil, i just know that i cannot afford to be doing it. So i hope this damn stuff is as good as "they" claim. lol

And i am one of the lucky ones Christian re the lifters, mine are silent *knocks very hard on wood*

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
SAAAWWEETTT!
I can get some help putting in a HID kit! Maybe even an EBC....?? Anyone done one of these themselves? Christian?

Kev, i am sure with our powers combined we could do something that resembles installing an EBC. (y)

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
That pro-ma oil additive has been reccomended by some of the guys on here. Not too expensive as far as I remember.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
SAAAWWEETTT!

I've never installed one.. but from the diagrams i've been seeing.. then it shouldn't be a problem.. as long as I've got the install manual in front of me, it'll be fine..

Kev, aren't your turbos setup in sequential mode? I think you'll have 2 boost control solenoid.. so please double check..

with the HID.. that's easy.. I'm pretty sure you can do that yourself..

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Yeah the HID's will be fine...I will look into the turbo set up...apparently I can change between sequential and true twin by installing a switch connected to the ecu, I was thinking about doing this mod at some point...at that maybe a good time.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Just an update. We will be able to buy the 0W-30 Sig Series oil in 5L bottles rather than quarts so that is perfect. Also the price has come down to $89.40 INC GST per 5L bottle :D

I have made a commitment to place an order by the end of next week so i will see if we get any more interest from anyone else in Brisbane or the Gold Coast.

As far as payment is concerned, is everyone keen to deposit their payment into my bank account or would you like to pay the dealer direct via CC etc?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Either way for me - probably less hassel for you if we all pay direct but I'm guessing the dealer would prefer a single payment?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
**Edit**

First post updated with a postage calculator sheet and a new revised quote. The prices have come down again.

I am offering this group buy now to all that are interested, including interstate members. If anyone can buy this cheaper in their respective states (not including freight) let me know but from the look at these prices it is very resonable. I would urge all that are interested to get back to me with qty's asap as i want to place an order for Friday the 18/09/09.

Could one of the lovely mods please take note of my request for the thread name to be changed and also look at moving the thread out of the QLD sub forum. Ta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom