Front/Rear Strut & Shock Compatibility

cheeks

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Dylan
Drive
'97 Legnum 25ST-R
Looking to replace the front and rear struts & shocks and struts on my 1997 Legnum ST-R (EC5W).

I would prefer to stick with an OEM suspension setup, however, I am aware that BC Racing has coilovers that will fit.

Does anyone know what US-imported cars shared the same setup?

jdmftwyo

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joe
Drive
97 Mirage to Evo 4 conversion
97 Legnum VR4
Looking to replace the front and rear struts & shocks and struts on my 1997 Legnum ST-R (EC5W).

I would prefer to stick with an OEM suspension setup, however, I am aware that BC Racing has coilovers that will fit.

Does anyone know what US-imported cars shared the same setup?
This chassis uses the exact same setup as the 2G DSM awd suspension. Im running Coilovers from a Eclipse.

I suggest the KYB's get new top hats also and re use your springs>

cheeks

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Dylan
Drive
'97 Legnum 25ST-R
This chassis uses the exact same setup as the 2G DSM awd suspension. Im running Coilovers from a Eclipse.

You're the bomb.

Thank you

cheeks

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Dylan
Drive
'97 Legnum 25ST-R

Turns out the front KYBs for the 2G Eclipse are an inch shorter than the OEM Legnum shocks, otherwise, they're a perfect fit. In my attempt to install these with the OEM spring, my spring compressor got stuck in the spring when I decompressed it. I'm assuming it got stuck because the spring is a bit too long for the shock. I ordered the Monroe shocks which are slightly longer (but slightly worse in quality rip). I'll provide updates.

Last edited:

Legnum in America

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Mike
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 COTY
2022 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
1999 Honda Civic EX
Turns out the front KYBs for the 2G Eclipse are an inch shorter than the OEM Legnum shocks, otherwise, they're a perfect fit. In my attempt to install these with the OEM spring, my spring compressor got stuck in the spring when I decompressed it. I'm assuming it got stuck because the spring is a bit too long for the shock. I ordered the Monroe shocks which are slightly longer (but slightly worse in quality rip). I'll provide updates.
I ended up going with these. https://www.rhdjapan.com/largus-coilover-suspension-kit-spec-s-ea-w-ec-w-ea1a-ec5a.html

Top Bottom