OEM IC Specs sheet

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
What a sucky result. Bad news. I hope you can get it all cleared ASAP so you can have it back on the road.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I am still confused, are you saying that IF you dont pass again with the standard cooler, you will defected? And if so does this mean you will have to put standard exhaust, air filter etc? And failing the test then you will have to go full ecu upgrade to tune it to meet requirements?

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
I am still confused, are you saying that IF you dont pass again with the standard cooler, you will defected? And if so does this mean you will have to put standard exhaust, air filter etc? And failing the test then you will have to go full ecu upgrade to tune it to meet requirements?
YES, you will get defected on the grounds that your car does not meet the IM240 rules which implies to THC, NOx, CO and CO2 high readings. Which on my part I am not going to bother showing my IM240 results to EPA whether I have the aftermarket or standard cooler, unless I got caught and told to do IM240.

Not to the extend of putting back the standard exhaust unless you have a loud muffler. First thing needs to be check is the Cat, high flow is more likely the culprit since it does not burn the excess fuel enough, if still does not work, a second cat is needed. Get the engine tuned properly, check the charcoal canister if still working. If everything still fails, piggyback or full ECU for last resort as I have found on my research which it works.

If everything still fails, then maybe time to get a new car, hybrid one!

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Well that just sucks:banghead: What about the big old stinky diesel Landcruiser's and crap? You get stuck behind them when going up a hill or something and i swear i could put a cup out the window and catch me some diesel!
Good luck all the same Irwin, i hope you dont have to go too far.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Yeah what about those sucky Holdens....they chew through 20l/100km..they should be disposed of first...oh but hang on Holden is an Ozzie icon.....

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
So how'd you go Irwin??
Am back in business!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhh woooooooohoooooooo!!! Hahaha.

Car booked at 8am this morning, but it didn't started after 30mins coz there was a S2K being checked as it was defected too. My god! I think I was inlove on the engine noise, they are so efing loud! Louder than the the exhaust itself.

Then its my turn and again, the car gone through rigorous checking and another noise test, passed! Checked the cooler, it passed but it is on standard form and I had to show the workshop manual to prove it was the standard cooler but in Jap version. The guy scrathed his head coz he can't read jap (neither do I LOL) and told him to google translate it if he wants clarification, he hesitated ahahaha.

Then, he was looking for my boost control,he asked me where it was previously and told em in was incabin. So he look, nothin, can't find it. Then passed!!! But little he know that my EBC was tucked in behind the aircon vent on the drivers side hahaha.

So I'm clear and I am putting it all back again. :D

But this time, I'll get it done properly. Install all the performance parts and get it emission tested until it pass so that next time I get dobbed to DECC (EPA) again, I'll just slap the results!

Oh I want my revenge on my next door neighbour, since I am moving house in the next three weeks, I will make, and I will make the loudest noise in front of their front door on the very last minute before I leave!!! Sweat revenge I say.

Nahhh, i wont do that. I am not that evil, just bad. ahahaha

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
do the classic burning poop in a plaper bag,hilarious.

if i was you id make the next 3 weeks living hell,loud music every night,invite all your mates round with loud cars and motor bikes

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Just remove the exhaust system behind the downpipes and drive around the street a bit :)

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
do the classic burning poop in a plaper bag,hilarious.

if i was you id make the next 3 weeks living hell,loud music every night,invite all your mates round with loud cars and motor bikes
Noted down, that would be gold!

Just remove the exhaust system behind the downpipes and drive around the street a bit :)

Hahaha, thanks for the tip! I will try it definitely.

Top Bottom