The Intercooler Thread

blinkerfluid

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
Is X3e now operated by projectvr4? Was going to buy Ivan’s “last kit” then he updated his website raising the price $300, told me all listed prices were in USD, all while trying the “I’ve got another interested buyer, you need to move fast!” schtick. The chef’s kiss was telling me i needed to provide him with my social security number.

Someone out there may need to reach out to Ivan to make sure he’s okay. Dude has clearly lost his fucking mind. 🤣

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Is X3e now operated by projectvr4? Was going to buy Ivan’s “last kit” then he updated his website raising the price $300, told me all listed prices were in USD, all while trying the “I’ve got another interested buyer, you need to move fast!” schtick. The chef’s kiss was telling me i needed to provide him with my social security number.

Someone out there may need to reach out to Ivan to make sure he’s okay. Dude has clearly lost his fucking mind. 🤣

No, are you sure you are dealing with Ivan? He is a great guy and not tied to pvr4 in anyway way.

How did you reach out to him?

blinkerfluid

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
No, are you sure you are dealing with Ivan? He is a great guy and not tied to pvr4 in anyway way.

How did you reach out to him?

Email. The projectvr4 bit was a joke because of the absurdity.

emailed him back in Feb to get a quick shipping guess to figure out car budget.

After deciding the mishimoto wasn’t going to do what I wanted, I broke out the credit card last night. I re-checked the pricing on his website did the math, all seemed legit when factored in AUD. He was listing at $888 for the inter cooler with silicone hose kit.

After that, I sent him an email for the total and verify stock. Then the website magically changes by bumping the price listed to $1180, followed by this response:

IMG_4298.jpeg

1715860215222.png

Thought I was crazy, and maybe I just have a really old version in my cache.. so I checked the XML.

1715863032602.png

1715863137892.png

I emailed him 05/15/24 at 5:48pm, my time. His email response above is timestamped 05/15/24 at 10:21pm, or about nine minutes after he updated the website.

Even Google hasn’t had a chance to update yet.

1715862294845.png

I wish I was making this all up. He seemed to have a great reputation for both work quality and customer service on this and a couple other forums. Oh well, the best of luck to him.

I ordered a 600x230x76 to give that a go. I’m sure I’ll have quite the collection of “nope, not this one” intercoolers on the shelf by the time the dust settles. 🤣

Last edited:

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
That is disappointing for sure. I've met with Ivan a few times and he was always a pleasure to deal with.

Something I would expect from Quinton for sure but not Ivan :(

I'm not sure about UPS and requiring social security numbers but at least for Australia anything over $1000 AUD becomes a headache in terms of importation and taxes.

The prices still show as $380 for the hoses and $639 when I visit the site... Sad to see him price jack via e-mail quote.

I use this intercooler and it works fine with my HDi/generic I/C pipes and X3E silicon pipes FYI. I did have to notch the crash bar where the top corners sit.

blinkerfluid

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
That is disappointing for sure. I've met with Ivan a few times and he was always a pleasure to deal with.

Something I would expect from Quinton for sure but not Ivan :(

I'm not sure about UPS and requiring social security numbers but at least for Australia anything over $1000 AUD becomes a headache in terms of importation and taxes.

The prices still show as $380 for the hoses and $639 when I visit the site... Sad to see him price jack via e-mail quote.

I use this intercooler and it works fine with my HDi/generic I/C pipes and X3E silicon pipes FYI. I did have to notch the crash bar where the top corners sit.

Yeah, seems opposite of what many people say about him. Seems like those are US only prices. 🤷‍♂️

I was considering the 600x300x76 route but I don’t want to cut anything up, so the tried and true option is out. That’s also why I didn’t just grab a HDI kit off eBay.

Ended up getting this one Holly’s website. Pretty okay with a breath under $200 to my door.

1715896745026.png

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
I run the Cusco hard pipes never had and issue with them. USD 300 roughly from RHD Japan

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
I run the Cusco hard pipes never had and issue with them. USD 300 roughly from RHD Japan

These are a great product, I wish I had them sometimes... Look great.

You can probably get even cheaper via JesseStreeter, he gets good discounts on Cusco stuff from my experience.

blinkerfluid

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
These are a great product, I wish I had them sometimes... Look great.

You can probably get even cheaper via JesseStreeter, he gets good discounts on Cusco stuff from my experience.

I’ll be on holiday in Japan for a few weeks this summer. Might just fit them in the “luggage” already sitting in my friend’s shed over there. 🤣

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual

jdmftwyo

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joe