TRAX Siverstone UK

G

Unregistered
Yep, that'll be Nick. There's one or two of us pure-bloods knocking about on CVR4 you know! :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
replace pure-blood with inbred :)

Actually, I'm a mod here so I can do that. hmmm would that be abusing my power?

G

Unregistered
replace pure-blood with inbred :)

Actually, I'm a mod here so I can do that. hmmm would that be abusing my power?

Remember that the situation would be reversed when CVR4 comes back online! Kenny is on the case right now, he's the SQL Master!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Dammit I was going to comment on that red Legnum but everyone else beat me to it. So I guess I won't now. Other than to say you've now got me wanting to paint my Galant to match my Silvia....

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
Great write up Atik and good to meet some new faces. Nice pics Jane, sorry I missed you.

As said already it was very wet and greasy on track in the 2 morning sessions even managed a 180 with some grass cutting in the second session luckily only witnessed by Kiteman who was behind me.
Our last session in the afternoon was great with the track almost dry could actually throw it about a bit.

G

Unregistered
Just looked through the thread on the Peugeot site, and looks like the silver 106 was able to drive home. Felt like posting up on there to call him some names! LOL

Mike, post up your video for us anyway.

Weather really cleared up just as I was leaving. Roads were drying up too, so the last session would have been very good fun.

G

Unregistered
ive just cobbled together some dodgy footage of the Pug106 incident, think it would be the right thing to do to post on the 106 owners club for the dudes permission to you tube it?

see thread here.
http://www.106owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=56650
It's your video, so I dont see why you cant just post it up. Otherwise you'd have to get permission from every driver on track, which is a little silly :ROFLMAO:

I'm definitely getting a camera of some kind for my next track session

G

Unregistered
So for the first session... Tommy (Kiteman's second session), Malc, Mike and little old me, at the back of the queue to get on track. I'm very relieved to see only one car behind me. A silver Pug 106 with blue stickers. Being a newbie, I thought I'd let him pass once we are on track and I'll have no-one behind waiting on me so I can take it easy.

As we actually get on track behind the pace car, he is right up my arse and making me more nervous than I should be. Anyway, I get on track, up to the first bend and 'whoooaaaaa', back end going, going, going, AYC working overtime. John managed to see this from the stands. Very hairy first moment for me. Managed to catch the back end just in time. VERY VERY slippery track. So for the pace lap, I'm going slow, but still sliding all over the place on the corners. The Pug meanwhile, is right on my rear end and I'm thinking, just go past will you, I let him through and he passes and over the next lap or two manages to get past Mike (around 5 or 6 cars ahead but well out of my view). Mike can takeover commentary here as he saw the guy lose it, but we got red flagged then losing at least 6-7 minutes of our session. An early end and a somewhat crap first session overall – for me anyway. Enjoyed it until the red flag ruined my progress.

ill continue on this story! This pug 106 is now sitting on my bumper, waaay to close for my liking given the conditions. On hangar straight i signal and let him past. I then got back on the gas driving to my line and limit, i was now up the back of this pug constantly. He had a relatively clear track in front of him but clearly couldnt think of his own lines or limit. I now realise he is quite good at following others lines but when he gets in front its a whole different ballgame.
Anyways the next couple of minutes im right there, im only on 70% throttle. I wait for a lap then start making moves to go by him, he started pushing it and getting it badly wrong in the corners. Through becketts and stowe corners i had to back off as he got it badly sideways. I eventually got clear light coming out of luffield on the outside!, side by side entering the pit straight i notice a severe twitching from the corner of my eye so i back off the gas. He proceeds to 'pendelum' down the straight until something gripped and into the wall he went.
I wasnt far off being collected by this numpty!

He was driving to other peoples standards and being a 'hero'. Not much of a hero now with a stoved in front end. Pays to be conservative and drive your own game!

atikali2000 said:
Mike and I picked up two great photos of each of us on track. His photo with me in the background. My photo with Kiteman in the background.
cheapskate i am i have just taken a pic of the pic i bought, its now my screensaver! Original has pride and place on the mantlepiece! This gives an idea of how wet it was!
P1020003.jpg

G

Unregistered
That is such a great pic Mike. Got the headlights reflecting off the surface water, got a hell of a lot of spray. Looks very good.

My pic is much cleaner, having taken your line so there is little spray and my crappy dipped headlights. Knew I should have put the fogs on for the 'mean' factor in the pics. Will do next time.

Looking around already for a potential next track session. Might have to be late October, as I definitely need to upgrade my brake install, finish off my exhaust install, get some FAT 235 wide tyres for the Enkies that are off the car at the moment and get rid of the annoying rattle behind the stereo!

G

Unregistered
Pretty good video, if a little off direction :p Just aout enough clearance to see him go off into the wall.

The Pug was doing the same right behind me at the start so I let him through. Just not worth having someone like that around you making it unsafe for all.

G

Unregistered
Nice pics Jane, sorry I missed you.

No pics from me yet Malc - there all stationary :ROFLMAO:

Glad you enjoyed yourselves though ...........

I do have some pics and will try and post them tonight - although they will have number plates showing, so can you guys shout if you don't want them on here?

Cheers,

Jane

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
No pics from me yet Malc - there all stationary :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Jane

Ooops: dopey old git syndrom:redface:. Thats Mike's handy work of course, you don't do static.

Not worried about plates either.

G

Unregistered
Ok, finally here are a few VR4s on track at Silverstone :)

Attachments

• IMG_3949.jpg
    IMG_3949.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4095.jpg
    IMG_4095.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4112.jpg
    IMG_4112.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4115.jpg
    IMG_4115.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 9

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
some nice photos there mikeand your wheels look geat same off set as mine. now i dont fill so worried that they looked wrong

G

Unregistered
brilliant Jane! Thanks for posting them, more for the collection!

Top Bottom