Tuning the SAFC

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Ok i just got a quote for $280 per hr for dyno tuning the SAFCII at Chiptorque Nerang, the guy i spoke with told me that it should only take 1 hour. Does this sound a fair enough price?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hhmm.. AFAIK Josh's car (Frozen) took about 2 hours at APC, you might wanna hit them up..

how about Neal Lowe does he do dyno tuning?!

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I think chiptorque are on the expensive end of the scale, try Gavin Wood Autotech by Harbourtown.

cheers

Lee

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Neal Lowe recommended me to a tuner by the name of Matthew Spry, his company is called P.I.T.S Performance Injection Tuning Services. He is at Molendinar on the Goldie. He is actually ex Chiptorque and has quoted no more than 1 hour @$275
So i will see how i go with him.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
Matty Spry has a brilliant reputation, should have no problems with him.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Yeah, thats the general idea i have been getting via me old mate Google...
$280ph seems the going rate as i have called 3 places now and that is the price for all. Going to go with Matthew Spry.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hi Trevor,

when's your car going in? I wouldn't mind dropping in and talking to Matt about ECUs while a VR-4 is fresh in his mind :)

cheers

Lee

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Lee, it is booked in for 9am Wed 1st Oct. Earliest i could get a day off to take it up there. From what i have read this morning this guy is a genius

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
lol..

hey Trevor (Godzilla) is 1st of Oct his only available time?

im planning on getting mine tuned as well very soon.. or unless i can replicate yours on mine.. :p

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
lol..

hey Trevor (Godzilla) is 1st of Oct his only available time?

im planning on getting mine tuned as well very soon.. or unless i can replicate yours on mine.. :p

This won't be 100% accurate though Christian. Each car has its own little quirks, and if you copy his tune 100% it won't be right for your car and may actually cause it to run lean in some areas pending inputs such as your AFM condition, O2 sensor condition etc. This would be a risky thing to do, unless you put each setting one step closer to neutral (factory) until you can have your SAFC tuned for your car specifically.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
even that would be risky IMO Hotwire. It's just not worth the benefits, since the risk can be losing your engine. Copying someone elses tune is just not the way to go.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Unless you have some way to improve the tune yourself using something like Evoscan - you could get it pretty damn close if you knew what you were doing.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
i knew it will be a risky thing to do, i just thought i'd ask to maybe compare 2 different car's settings and see what power gains they ended up with it..

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Christian, 1st Oct was the best time for me. Matthew did tell me though that he was booked up until around the 22/23rd or something so he must be busy.
I am with Trev and Trav with the copying the tune thing, i am almost certain i have a small leak in my cooler and if that is the case our AFR's are going to be way different and the correction on the SAFC would run your lean if you dont have a leak.

Top Bottom