Quarter Mile Times

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Whens the last Hidden Valley drags for the year? Wouldn't that be fun... Only not sure I'm still coming up this year now, with all the time I've had off with my ankle, If I come up this year I wont have enough leave left :sad: for my honeymoon next year :p.
Sorry Josh, but next year please tell me they haven't shut down drags for the wet season before the last week in October, pretty please ;)

Sorry Kat but the last off street meet is 2/10/09.:sad:

Great vid mate!

Cheers Paul!

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
hey sorry guys i may have given slight incorrect figures for the top 5 list. i found my time slip and here is the official time, 60 ft etc i got. please change the times to correct. cheers

scan0001.jpg

G

Unregistered
I love the top quality time slips from our local drag strip. I have one around here somepalce that has my bike doing a 9.9 second pass. Absolutely impossible. Had everyone asking me what I'd done to this very stock looking and sounding bike. The next pass in the 11's was more like it.

You can have your thread back now...

G

Unregistered
13.7 @99.85mph

First time at the drags yesterday did 3 runs and got 14.6 then 14.3 then 13.7 sweet in the 13's

3/4 of a tank of fuel one bottle of Lucus octain booster when it was filled up last.
Nothing taken out of car still had spare wheel, subwoofer, amps & stuff in the back seat...

MBC 12ish psi
Full exhuast with custom downpipes
Ralliart air filter
6 puk clutch

VR4Dragdragtime.jpg

G

Unregistered
Well its hard to tell at the time but something like start getting the revs up to? around 4000rpm and let the clutch out slowly when its done right it feels really good.

I was blown away in amazement at the top fuelers the other day 1/4 mile in 4.6 seconds and getting over 500km/h in 400m is just so crazy!

G

Unregistered
Managed to get down last night to see what it's like without a slipping clutch.

img0033ca.jpg

Progress through the night:

1: 14.530s
2: 13.915s - Had my best reaction with this run, 0.085s
3: 13.542s - This was about a 5k launch.
4: 14.112s - This was a 7k launch and just span the wheels at the start, maybe too many revs :)
5: 13.815s
6: 13.791s
7: 13.710s

This was with - Ex Cat Panel FMIC Fronts 14PSI Plugs Clutch

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Good time Stephen.

Lee, didn't Mante run 12.5 (with him driving) and 11.8 (with a pro driving his car)?

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Well done Stephen!!

Quickest VR4 Manual Galant in Australia

Now where are all the auto bashers?

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
My reaction time will scare you if you think thats evil lol.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Here is my best time of the night, only launched at about 3000rpm cos my clutch is pretty stuffed. So once i get a new clutch ill be trying to improve on this.

Mods: Exhaust, panel, boost 13psi, weight reduction (70kg to make the legnum a little more competitive with the galants lol).

scan0001-1.jpg

Top Bottom