Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Well done Stephen!!

Quickest VR4 Manual Galant in Australia

Now where are all the auto bashers?

Last chance till April next year tommoz night to see if I can get better than 13.3. Ofcourse come april I'm hoping to have bigger turbos and bunch of other crap done.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Everything rear of the frontseats lee. My method of weighing the stuff coming out wasnt the most accurate but it would have been pretty close to 70kg. But yeah my time shows what can be done with a piss weak launch lol, hopefully take a couple of tenths off with clutch fixed and 5k launch which seems to be the go.

And yay, i think mine is the quickest time with the shi.. i mean stock clutch.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Everything rear of the frontseats lee. My method of weighing the stuff coming out wasnt the most accurate but it would have been pretty close to 70kg. But yeah my time shows what can be done with a piss weak launch lol, hopefully take a couple of tenths off with clutch fixed and 5k launch which seems to be the go.

And yay, i think mine is the quickest time with the shi.. i mean stock clutch.

Top stuff Matt!

G

Unregistered
i will see if i can actually get some boost into the motor tonyt. last time i went down i ran a best of 14.4 on 4 psi of boost lol. If i can get 12 into the car i will see if i can break into the 13s or low 14s

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Well once again the Darwin air was just nasty! Best time was 13.66.

I had a crack at the dial in bracket attack racing and you wouldn't believe it but I got runner up from 32 cars! And I'll also get on the news:D!! My last run I fouled the start by 0.002 and also broke out by 0.2 as my dial in was 13.8 and I ran a 13.6. I won a hogs breath stubby cooler and the winner gave me a hogs breath racing hat seeing he has a bit of a collection.

G

Unregistered
i had a great time to josh lol i got knocked out in the second round. i was neck and neck with a 6l monaro and i bloody hit limiter which caused me to lose power and he went past me grhhh lost by .004 i got my times down to 14.2 at 102mph on 8 psi. Still having major traction problems lol. i was going to up the boost to like 13psi to see if i could smash into the 13s but my turbo timer decided to play up and kept turning the car on and off. So i ripped it out and let the car sleep for abit.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I managed a new PB, but still couldn't crack into the 12s :(

I kept trying and trying (ended up doing 11 runs) and managed two 13.11s and some 13.2s but just couldn't drop that extra 1/10th

13.117@105mph

7oct.jpg

I've got some in-car to upload tonight.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I just noticed my 13.118 run had a better 60ft (1.797, quicker by .02) but lower trap speed, so if I'd somehow combined the two I would have been even closer to 12s :)

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
So close lee. And i noticed that as well, that the quicker the 60' time the slower the final mph. Its weird, you'd think it would be the other way around.

Btw, do you take the headlight out with your setup cos that would give you heaps more air wouldnt it.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Btw, do you take the headlight out with your setup cos that would give you heaps more air wouldnt it.

I have done previously but I didn't this time. Not sure what kind of difference that would have made. It has a nice cold feed from down in the bumper.

I thought about it half way through but didn't take any tools with me.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Ah cool. Good job anyway man, impressive to see the white prefacelifts leading the way lol.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS

LeeButts.. remember when I mentioned the 2 piece headlights that I'm gettin from Philippines? it is for this..

G

Unregistered
hey guys how come i am running like 14.2 but i am getting to over a 100mph. got any ideas

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Probably down to traction off the line? What kind of 60ft times are you doing? My best was 1.79.

G

Unregistered
fwd fto with 10 psi and no lsd um i dont get traction but i chase down and go past v8s lol. my 60 foot at 2.2 and a reaction time of .5. i have to eas the clutch out. if i drop it and go i dont go anywere

Top Bottom